Company: Arizona's Children Association
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Would you like to work for an agency helping build a stronger
Arizona for children and families? We have a great opportunity for
you to join our team as a Billing Coordinator! As a Billing
Coordinator, you will take all of the data provided on a member and
use it to submit claims for reimbursement and collect payment for
the services provided. Working directly with the insurance company
(or managed care company) and healthcare provider to get a claim
processed and paid, review and appeal unpaid and denied claims, and
handle collections on unpaid accounts.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the
oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and
behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in
all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and
services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and
families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by
highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our
mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most
valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to
aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021!
All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are
eligible and we offer several plans for each so you can choose the
option right for you and your family which includes:
- Medical provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Dental
and Vision provided by MetLife
- We offer several plans so you can choose the option right for
you and your family
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of
- We also offer: Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings
Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long
- Employee Assistance Program provided by Cura Linc
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance and
managed care companies, either electronically or by paper.
- Ensure that the claim made is precise and correct.
- Perform various collection actions including correcting and
resubmitting claims to payers.
- Perform appeals on denied claims.
- Identify and resolve billing complaints and
- Answer questions from members, staff and insurance and managed
- Process payments from insurance and managed care companies and
prepare a daily deposit.
- Prepare reports and perform analysis of billing
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- Performs work and represents AzCA in accordance with our
mission, vision and values and Foundations for Success.
- Maintains consistent attendance and punctuality to provide
consistency in serving clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which are consistent with
the general responsibilities of the position.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in claims for the behavioral health
industry or medical industry preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience to be able
to perform the essential functions is required.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under
the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation for business related
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance
requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual
is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations. Perform safely means to
perform without causing a direct threat to the health or safety of
the individual or others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable
accommodations, as defined by 42 U.S.C. #1211 (b) and the
Commission's regulations found at 29 C.F.R #1630.2 (r).
At Arizona's Children Association we are passionate about creating
an inclusive workplace that not only promotes, but values and
celebrates diversity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace
and culture to better serve our children, families and
Just like the uniqueness of the families we serve, we strive to be
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, gender,
age, sexual orientation/preference, gender identity and expression,
disability and/or diagnosis, marital status, religion, status, or
any other protected status.
AzCA does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
Keywords: Arizona's Children Association, Tucson , Billing Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!