Company: Academies of Math and Science
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader's Choice Awards: Best Place to Work -
Instructional Coach, 2019-2020 School Year, Phoenix, AZ - AMS Camelback -
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as an Instructional Coach is to mentor and collaborate with motivated teachers to improve instruction techniques and educational outcomes for our advanced curriculum designed for high-needs students. - -As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven individuals eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed - no matter their background - with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That's where you come in.
- Are you fiercely dedicated to helping at-risk students forge their way to a college education?
- Do you believe that there are no limits to how much you can improve in the art and science of teaching?
- Do you believe that setting high expectations for students (academically and behaviorally) sets them up for success?
- Do you believe in the importance of a balanced STEM-focused education supplemented with arts, humanities, and character development?
Our educators answer these questions with an emphatic -YES!
Qualifications & competencies:
- Evidence of leadership and going above and beyond in prior teaching or administrative roles
- 5+ years of teaching experience in a variety of subjects
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail
- A track record of excellent results teaching children at advanced levels in at-risk communities
- Excellent results in coaching teachers, providing training, conducting classroom observations, and implementing, analyzing, and helping teachers analyze and create action plans from assessments.
- Strong computer skills and ability to analyze data in various applications including Excel
- Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
- A bachelor's degree or higher
Preferred: -Bilingual in Spanish, Experience with ELL students, background in mathematics and/or teaching in middle school, experience in Saxon, Open Court, NWEA MAP, Corrective Reading, REWARDS, and also skills in implementing STEM educational programming in a setting that also values strong teaching in core subjects. -
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
In the words of one of our employees, -"[AMS has] incredible curriculum and standards that help students succeed. Administration appreciates staff and they express it throughout the school year, and there are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. Everyone is always looking for ways to be better for our students! I am proud to work in an encouraging environment that is so uplifting and positive. I can't say enough great things about AMS." -
Interested in working with us?Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include -the following in PDF or Word format:
- A detailed resume -describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments
- A cover letter or writing sample showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies -
-Compensation: $50,000 - $62,000 annually, DOE.
Keywords: Academies of Math and Science, Tucson , Instructional Coach, Education / Teaching , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!