Mid to Senior GNC Engineer
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Are you fascinated by guidance, navigation or control
Would your career flourish by joining a team of world-class
collaborating to solve complex technical challenges?
Would you like an opportunity with a global business entrusted with
the mission of
making the world a safer place?
If your answers are yes, the Algorithm and Simulation team at
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) may have an ideal job for
We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of
weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles
in our history. Military personnel in more than 50 countries look
to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles,
smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed
energy weapons. We are seeking mid-career GNC engineering
professionals to work in our Tucson, AZ location. As an engineer at
RMD, you will have every opportunity to grow to your full
potential, with the advantages of world-class career development
programs and outstanding real-life rewards.
The Algorithm and Simulation team is hiring GNC engineers with
experience to work in one of the following areas within the
organization: State Estimation and Optimization, Flight Controls,
Aerodynamics, Guidance Design, or GPS.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience (Senior Systems Engineer
- BS degree in Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Minimum six (6) years of applied work experience (OR Master's
in STEM and four years of experience or Ph.D. and two years of
- Work experience and/or academic course work / projects that
include a combination of at least two of the following areas:
digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design,
signal processing, 6DOF simulations, guidance algorithms, flight
control requirements development, or wind tunnel testing
- Six (6) years of applied work experience with Matlab, C, C++,
and/or Object Oriented design
- Past work experience with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as
well as Microsoft products
- United States citizenshipDesired Education, Skills and
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with missiles, gravity bombs, glide bombs, or
autonomous/collaborative air vehicles
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and
other engineering disciplines
- Depending on technical focus area:
- Guidance law development, state estimation, Kalman filtering,
sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, path planning, miss distance
performance optimization, kinematic analysis of actuation system
- Free stream wind tunnel testing and aero model development
- Flight testing; ability to design an envelope clearance test
plan, reduce the data, and validate the 6DOF flow field models
- Planning and executing flow field wind tunnel tests including
grid runs, captive trajectory systems, and attached-store loads
- CFD analysis and interpreting CFD data
- System identification techniques applied to flexible body
dynamics, and application of structural filters to minimize impact
to control systems
- Assessing GNC system integration risks through test data
- Preparing system trade studies
- Performance analysis by simulation Monte Carlo assessments with
expected system disturbances, including verification and validation
- Algorithm optimization
- Knowledge of related disciplines: airborne RADAR systems
including RF signal processing and tracking algorithms; embedded
software development and hardware/software integration; system
engineering design methods including requirements analysis and
flowdown, specification derivation and interface control
A diverse company is a strong company.
The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different
backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of
tackling the world's most complex challenges and toughest
Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are
empowered to impact business results, build professional networks,
advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their
Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We
leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united
and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
Check us out on YouTube:
173076Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Tucson , Mid to Senior GNC Engineer, Engineering , Marana, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!