Sales Engineer - Hydraulics (SALES02122)
Company: Sargent Aerospace & Defense
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Objective Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and
provides the leadership to achieve the short-range and long-range
business development objectives in the company---s Aerospace and
Marine product market segments, channels and customers assigned.
Will have a technical understanding of all aerospace and
traditional products including dimensional details, product
performance parameters and applications. Maintains a thorough
understanding of the markets served by each product line. Will have
detailed knowledge of the customer base. Utilize company data,
customer supplied information, and external sources of intelligence
to create appropriate files / reports and strategies for major
customers. Education Requirement
- Bachelor---s degree in business, engineering or marketing plus
5 years of experience in an engineering, sales or marketing
environment in the aerospace industry, preferably serving the
- A combination of relevant industry experience, education, and
training may be considered in lieu of the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- Marketing communication and promotion.
- Product technical competence.
- Manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Market and Customer intelligence.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory or staff management skills preferred.
- Self-confidence and ability to work in a fast-paced
- 5+ year---s work experience in the Aerospace manufacturing, OEM
integration or MRO industry.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity
under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong project management skills.
- Available for travel up to 50%. Job Requirements:Principal
- Establishes and attains short & long-range sales goals.
- Develops and maintains relationship with customer procurement
contacts, engineers, and other professional and technical
personnel. Works closely with divisional stakeholders to support
divisional sales goals.
- Provides insight on customer pain points to assist in product
- Identifies large or significant dollar business opportunities
(MODS) in the relevant territory.
- Performs market intelligence function and provides updates on
market trends as well as customer and competitor activity.
- Provides data to assist in the preparation or revision, of
revenue forecasts covering projected new business sales, bookings,
proposal activity/costs by customer and program.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Participates fully in negotiating pricing and contract
- Possesses ability to prioritize tasks such that customer, and
prospective customer face time, is maximized.
- Is self-motivated and able to accomplish goals independently
and with minimal direction. Additional Abilities and
- Will provide Sales and Engineering support assisting any and
all Aerospace Customers in the areas of new product development,
design, test, and approvals. Additionally, will provide Marketing
support to Corporate and Product Management, representing any RBC
Aerospace Division and corresponding Products.--
- Will have an established and proven track record of
revenue-based results in managing large aerospace primes at
management levels within the organizations. Will be capable of
successful demonstration in interfacing with purchasing,
engineering, and program management groups necessary to position
the RBC brand and successfully access market opportunities for both
legacy and new programs.------
- Will have demonstrated an ability to call on and sell current
and potential customers, and to help develop competitive strategies
promoting the qualification and long-term sales for RBC
- Will have strong analytical skills to intuitively organize data
into useful information, interpret it, and communicate the results
effectively. Will be able to identify trends and strategic
opportunities that fit into the goals and objectives of the Company
and its individual divisions.--
- Will be self-driven, energetic, aggressive, and
detail-oriented. Will display professional presence and
credibility.-- Will be highly organized in order to meet management
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office
products, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with particular
emphasis on Microsoft Excel. The ability to create, interpret, and
modify Excel spreadsheets is a critical requirement.
- Will help develop strategic and tactical objectives for the
business by customer, in order to meet and surpass sales plan
objectives.-- Identify new market opportunities.--
- All customers in OEM, distribution, MRO and Airlines
- Commercial and Military platforms.
- Develop extensive knowledge of company products, applications,
and strategic focus/objectives.-- Work with Divisional and
Corporate Business Management, Engineering, New Product
Development, R & D, and Testing.--
- Support the customer base from a technical level to meet their
needs and win RBC the necessary approvals to supply.
- Develop deep and superior customer procurement and engineering
relationships calling at accounts frequently and effectively,
bringing value to the customer enabling RBC to gain a competitive
advantage for RBC products.-- Maintain key information on our
customers--- organizations, their decision makers, their
- Maintain current business contracted while growing the business
through market share gain at the account base, through your efforts
in support in signing new customer business, and through bringing
Product Applications to the RBC business units on existing and
targeted new programs.
- Assess each business situation from all competitive aspects.--
Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions and business cases.-- Be capable of contributing
to LTA negotiations from a commercial position as well as from a
legal terms and conditions standpoint, both externally and
- Provide a high level of customer service to the account base
through detailed communication and coordination between the
customers--- needs and the RBC management team and manufacturing
- Keep a close working relationship with the RBC Divisions and
other sales engineers in the company who manage subcontractor
- Maintain the ability to keep abreast of and understand the
global aerospace marketplace in terms of industry developments for
both the OEM---s and Aftermarket channels; i.e., customer
expectations, acquisitions, industry trends, price/volume
information, and competitor activities.
- Comply with company policies regarding expenses and expense
reporting, and corporate ethics.
Keywords: Sargent Aerospace & Defense, Tucson , Sales Engineer - Hydraulics (SALES02122), Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!