Optical Engineer (Tucson)
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Provide design support for ITAR projects and provide technical
support for US sales team ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Prototype projects and transfer to production
- Analysis of customer requirements and generation of product
- Design and test of optical components and systems, optical
- Optimization of design for performance and
- Development of software tools for product design and test
- Transfer of new products into production.
- Subsequent support to production and customer.
- Support troubleshooting of product performance. Support to
opportunity qualification from the technical feasibility review:
- Provide a technical interface to customers, pre-sale and
post-sale customer support.
- Provide a technical interface to key partners in collaborative
- Coordination and generation of technical proposals to support
- Propose technical solution (optical design, costings).
- Assess feasibility and risks.
- Estimate cost and timeline Team support:
- Provide technical support and coaching for new team
- Maintaining strong link with PP-UKProject Management Support:
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Ensuring projects follow the current guideline on planning,
delivery, and reporting.
- Flagging any obstacles in delivery against internal and
- Communicating ideas and requirements for improvement in
development process to Head of Solutions.
- Reporting progress and outcome of development activity to Head
of Solutions. Qualifications and/or work experience
- A strong Master or PhD degree in Physics, Engineering or
Optics/Lasers or a related field.
- 3+ years' work experience in new product development and
optical design.Technical expertise - New Product Development:
- Understanding of capabilities of the relevant manufacturing
- Design and modelling of optical elements.
- Understanding of laser beam characteristics.
- Paraxial design, Gaussian beam propagation, diffraction
- Understanding of optical test methods.
- Design and modelling in ZEMAX.
- Numerical analysis of data for performance modelling and
optimisation using Matlab.
- Development of automated data processing tools.Desirable
skills: Familiarity with opto-mechanical assembly design and
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Tucson , Optical Engineer (Tucson), Engineering , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!