Minimum $30k Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: June 25, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On
Bonus**Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidatesAbout
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low Voltage Power Products
(LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD)
products, by providing mission-critical designs relating to power
conversion, motor controls, flight termination systems, telemetry,
and other analog domains.We are looking for mid to senior-level
Telemetry (TM) and Flight Termination Subsystem (FTS) engineers to
help design robust TM & FTS systems for important national defense
products.We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold
back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team.
Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our
employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish
here, we'd love to hear from you.Responsibilities to
- Design airborne telemetry (and related flight safety)
- Serve as the "Responsible Engineering Authority" (REA) for
major FTS and/or TM design efforts involving multiple engineers
across multiple disciplines.
- Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation
verifying compliance with program and performance
- In-depth knowledge of Flight Termination and Telemetry
- In-depth knowledge of RCC319 and how it impacts FTS and TM
- See an FTS circuit card/module through its design phases, from
requirements definition through initial integration testing.
- Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for FTS
circuit card level tasking.
- Lead medium sized teams to success with schedule, budget, and
- Engage in personal technical growth and facilitate technical
growth in peers and junior engineers. Help to understand what
opportunities are needed to mature the organization on the
- Clearly present your work product to functional and program
leadership. Manage related risk management discussions. Guide
junior engineers on technical presentation skills.Qualifications
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 8+ years' experience in electronics design with emphasis on
Flight Termination and Telemetry subsystems.
- Experience as a lead designer
- Experience with electronics laboratory diagnosis and
- Experience utilizing and creating electrical design
- Experience guiding ECAD drafters and junior engineers through
layout and routing activities specific to FTS circuit cards.
- Experience with communications systems such as TM and/or design
experience with FTS
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance.Qualifications We Value:
- A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a
dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
- Experience leading small teams and experience working with
other team leads toward a larger goal.
- Experience communicating and documenting technical topics at
the small and large team level and experience presenting to upper
levels of management.
- Professional experience in designs using microcontrollers,
FPGA's, and digital interfaces.
- Professional experience in system grounding schemes and
resolving ground reference issues.
- Professional experience in developing requirements, writing
supplier statements of work, and direct supplier development and
validation of product designs.
- Professional experience in designing vehicle interfaces and
electrical interface control documents to allow integration of
vendor-supplied and locally-designed subsystems.
- Professional experience in power supply design.
- Professional experience in detailed printed circuit board
- Professional experience with TEMPEST
- Professional experience in RF and Radar.What We Offer:Whether
you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
outdoors year-round.Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only
employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to
receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and
RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see
guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.#LI-OnsiteRaytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Minimum $30k Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer , Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!