Senior Civil Engineer, PE
Company: GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
GLHN has an opening for a -Professionally Registered -Senior
level Civil Engineer. This position is responsible for project
management and the production of construction documents (drawings
and specifications) in compliance with the scope, budget, and
project schedule to the satisfaction of GLHN clients; to provide
consulting services, including reports of findings, engineering
analyses, and resulting design work as necessary for review.
Additionally, the Civil Engineer will actively engage in and pursue
business development via networking events, project interviews, and
maintaining relationships with existing clients.Core
Responsibilities -The following assignments are typical but are not
all-encompassing. -Every team member is expected to provide equal
value by participating in the duties required to deliver a quality
product on schedule. -
- Assess requirements of design, break the design into tasks, and
work with the Project Manager or Engineer to determine the scope,
staffing, and schedule needs.
- Responsible for adherence to project schedules and timely
completion of smaller, less complex projects.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Research code and agency issues and coordinate with code/agency
officials in resolving questions/concerns.
- Develop probable construction cost opinions for projects.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, plans, tests, and aerial
photographs to plan and design projects.
- Contribute to the research of design options.
- Collaborate with the design team.
- May prepare or modify portions of reports, specifications,
plans, construction schedules, and studies for the project.
- Instructs Civil 3D technicians and junior designers on how to
reduce designs to working drawings.
- Conducts visits to the project site to gather design
information, monitor projects, and other duties as assigned.
Complete review of shop drawing and contractor submittals.
- Assures that drawings and designs are following company and/or
agency Assures that drawings and designs are following company
and/or agency production and design standards
- Keeps Department Manager and/or Project Manager informed of
workload and any changes in project scope or additional
- Reads analyze and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Prepares reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general publicWhat
we need to see, -
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with a consulting/design
firm as a -registered engineer.
- Proficient using discipline-specific modeling software -
- Autodesk Civil 3D, (WaterCAD, FlowMaster & Navisworks -
- Proficient in the use of MS 365 products.
- Advanced project management, communication, writing, and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited
supervision while adhering to project deadlinesWhat we LOVE to see,
- A deep understanding of the utility systems, and model and
design of those systems
- Knowledge of Water Wells
- Knowledge of local utility codes
- Experience in Construction with an understanding of the field
testing and methods
- Understanding of the difference in other disciplines and the
ability to read Revit -designs to understand points of
connectionRelationship Expectations - -
- Reports directly to Civil Engineering Department Manager
- Responsible for keeping supervisor informed
- Works closely with a variety of staff across all disciplines to
ensure project success, - -junior staff development, and business
growth -So, Are You Ready to -Own Your Future?WE ARE GLHN
-ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS -OUR NAME IS OUR PEOPLE BECAUSE OUR PEOPLE
ARE OUR NAMEGLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc., is honored to be an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We strive to be
a diverse and inclusive workforce that accommodates, celebrates,
and communicates the many valuable differences and similarities
within our walls (digital, designed, & built) to encourage and
inspire the success of our people, partners, clients, community, &
the future of work. ----If you or any applicant require
accommodations to apply for this or any open position within GLHN
please do not hesitate to tell us how we can help you succeed in
the process. -
Keywords: GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc, Tucson , Senior Civil Engineer, PE, Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!