Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Posted on: August 6, 2022
An exciting career awaits you At MPC, we re committed to being a
great place to work - one that welcomes new ideas, encourages
diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a
collaborative team environment.$5000 Sign- On- Bonus -( Rehire and
Internal Employees please contact our Talent Acquisition team for
full eligibility requirements.)
- Eligible for company-sponsored annual bonus
- 401k with company match up to 7%
- Company funded pension plan up to 11%
- Total compensation package starting at $67K - $106K (including
$5,000 sign on bonus)
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage available day 1!
- Full details at This mechanic position provides daily
preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports
and trailers. This position is primarily responsible for the
maintenance and repair of our crude oil transport fleet in our
Tucson, AZ location.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including
all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work
performed on transport vehicles.
- Perform tire changes.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs
on fleet vehicles.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker
certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils,
lubricants, shop supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air
filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service,
PTO s, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and
hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance
activities as needed.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned
vehicles and/or equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks,
tankers and semi-trailers.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly
- Must have or become trained in OSHA s Hazardous Waste
Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able
to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver s License
with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination
Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2-year program at an
accredited technical school, vocational school, or community
college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years
of a professional mechanic or technician experience related to
diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other
operations and staff personnel.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on
pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all
vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems
for tractors and trailers.As an energy industry leader, our career
opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.Location:Tucson
AZ Whsl & TrnsptAdditional locations:Job Requisition ID:Location
Address:3455 S. Richey BlvdEducation:Employee Group:Full
timeEmployee Subgroup:RegularMarathon Petroleum Company LP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or
physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status,
ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran
status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected
by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here . If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human
Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable
accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number
in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative
will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable
accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum
Corporation please visit .
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Keywords: Marathon Petroleum, Tucson , Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Sign On Bonus, Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!