Company: SynCardia Systems, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SynCardia, LLC, is the only company in the world with a U.S.
FDA-approved Total Artificial Heart (TAH). We are looking for a
Chemical Engineer (on-site) as we pave the way to new growth and
innovation as we continue to save lives.Responsibilities
- Responsible for manufacturing, testing and qualifying Segmented
Polyurethane Solution (SPUS) for use in the Total Artificial Heart.
-Provide support to help ensure that schedules and cost objectives
- Provide support, as directed, with existing manufacturing
processes to maintain and improve quality, improve first pass
yields and reduce variability in manufacturing process.
- Provide support, as directed for R&D and Sustaining
- Manages/develops validation studies on equipment and
- Responsible for maintaining all test instrumentation used in
the test and qualification of SPUS.
- Train and mentor SPUS Laboratory technicians.
- All other duties as assigned.SkillsThorough knowledge and
understanding of the following analytical laboratory instruments as
well as the skills to operate each instrument:
- FTIR Spectrometer
- Gel Permeation Chromatographer
- Instron Tensile and Tear Tester
- General Titration
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to acquire and analyze manufacturing data using
appropriate standard quantitative and statistical methods to
facilitate process analysis and improvement.Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science, or Chemical or
Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- One to three years' experience with general understanding of
polyurethane manufacturing related activities in a medical device
Keywords: SynCardia Systems, LLC, Tucson , Chemical Engineer, Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!