Location: Green Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
Please note that this is an onsite position only. Remote options
are not available.
Provide support to the Environmental Engineering Manager to
effectively manage and implement policies and programs as they
relate to environmental compliance for Asarco Mission Complex.
Conduct required environmental tests, analysis and observations.
Evaluate results and make recommendations as necessary for
maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Prepare data to
support permit applications, and regulatory reports. Communicate
environmental issues to the Environmental Engineering Manager and
Senior Management when requested.
- Solid and Hazardous Wastes
- Monitor and create and inspect waste drum inventory
- Schedule and assist with off site waste shipments
- Bi-monthly inspections of the landfill, hazardous waste staging
area, scrap yards, dumpsters and the site in general
- Investigate and report spills to Environmental Engineering
- Title V Air Quality Permits (PDEQ & USEPA)
- Monitor dust collector (wet scrubbers & baghouses)
- Conduct bi-weekly Visible Emissions Surveys
- Conduct annual Method 9 Visible Emissions Surveys
- Assist with dust collector performance tests
- Assist Environmental Engineering Manager with all aspects of
compliance with Title V Permits including bi-annual Compliance
Certifications, annual emissions inventories and unannounced
inspections by regulatory agencies
- Storm Water Permits (PDEQ & USEPA)
- Collect, prepare and deliver storm water samples to laboratory
according to guidance in NPDES permits as well as the Mission
Complex Quality Assurance Manual
- Conduct monthly storm water inspections
- Ground Water Permits (ADEQ Aquifer Protection Permits)
- Assist with Semi-Annual pumping and sampling of Monitor
- Assist with the preparation of Monitor Well water samples for
shipment to the laboratory
- Assist with the preparation of Self-Monitoring Report Forms
- Drinking Water Permit (PDEQ/ADEQ)
- Collect monthly coliform and chlorine samples
- Collect annual nitrate samples
- Collect triennial lead/copper samples
- Help maintain Environmental Department files and records
including manifests, disposal certificates, analytical results,
profiles and the Comprehensive Environmental book.
- Track and maintain MSDS Files.
- Provide technical oversight on projects involving contractors
in performance of work related to environmental compliance.
- Interface regularly with environmental inspectors, and handle
follow up actions from compliance inspections. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
- --- Experience with environmental sampling and analysis or
- --- Familiarity with federal, state and local environmental
- --- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- --- Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office
- --- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- --- Must have valid driver's license. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- --- A Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences or
environmental engineering or a minimum of 5 years experience in an
environmental related field required.
- --- EPA Method 9 certification required.
- --- Grade 2 Water Distribution System Operator certification
- --- Forty (40) hour HAZMAT/HAZWOPER certification
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!