**Minimum $10k Sign-On Bonus** - Opto-Mechanical Engineer II - Tucson, AZ
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
The Electro-Optics Product and Technologies (EOPT) department is
responsible for requirements decomposition, detailed design and
production support of the EO Sensors/Seekers, including the
detectors, cryogenic systems, and structures making up the
sensor/seeker subsystems. The multi-disciplined department includes
engineers that may be responsible for the following: Designing,
modeling/analyzing and verifying optical components within a
sensor/seeker relaying critical detector interface and performance
requirements to detector suppliers and verifying requirements are
met. Utilize many different engineering discipline skills to
assemble, test and verify optical, electrical and mechanical
components as they are built up into the sensor/seeker subsystem.
Mechanical engineers are responsible for designing the structures
that hold the optics, including any mechanisms need to move optics,
as well as the cryogenic systems used to cool and maintain the
temperature of EO detectors.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Participate as mentee and Individual Contributor supporting
- Requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem
- Design of opto-mechanical seeker systems and/or test fixtures
- Working with engineering and production personnel to
troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design
and process issues.
- Support production related activities in the assembly and
documentation of electro-optical subsystems.
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective
action implementation - - - - - - -
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Master's -degree in -Mechanical Engineering or related Science,
Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant
professional work experience (excluding internships).
- Knowledge of Electro-Optical subsystems.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling CAD tools, geometric dimensioning
and tolerancing methods, and knowledgeable in reading mechanical
fabrication and assembly drawings.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to
the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens
are eligible for a security clearance.
- - -
Qualifications We Value:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Ability to develop and present technical briefings.
- Current/Active DoD security clearance or SSBI.
- Experience in troubleshooting investigations and processes
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research
demonstrating the ability to apply technical coursework or skills.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
per ANSI Y14.5.
- Assembly, integration, test, and supplier-interface
- Direct experience with EO design, lab, test and/or production
- Knowledge and experience in optical design and analysis,
infrared systems, optical tolerancing, fabrication and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from
diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a
diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
- Additional Details:
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your
resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative
GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about
Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State
government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
outdoors year-round. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , **Minimum $10k Sign-On Bonus** - Opto-Mechanical Engineer II - Tucson, AZ, Engineering , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!