Senior Technical Portfolio Manager (Bay4 Energy
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Senior Technical Portfolio Manager is responsible for
providing leadership, guidance and assistance to Technical
Portfolio Managers (TPM) regarding the communication, operation,
maintenance, and budgeting their specific asset portfolios as well
as managing his/her own assigned asset portfolio. The ideal
candidate should be knowledgeable of all aspects of solar PV
design, maintenance and repair. Candidates should be able to
demonstrate leadership/management skills, managing multiple
projects simultaneously, as well as seamless integration of
succinct communication and problem-solving skills. The Senior
Technical Portfolio Manager works side-by-side with the VP of Asset
Management as well as Asset Managers to optimize the value of our
client's energy assets. Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to asset P&L, technician management, 3rd party vendor
and contractor management, contract review, troubleshooting,
warranty claim management, performance management and optimization.
- Lead TPM planning and scheduling meetings, assisting other
TPM's with issues, providing guidance and advice.
- Filling in for the Director of O&M as appropriate and
participating in tactical and strategic discussions for the O&M
- Manage Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contracts for
- Manage 3rd party maintenance providers related to preventive
maintenance planning and reporting and corrective maintenance
deployment and reporting.
- Coordinate site visit inspections related to projects under
construction or potential acquisition targets.
- Manage, track and document Purchase Order requests for
equipment needs by site/facility.
- Is considered a technical lead, as such is responsible for
higher-level technical problem solving. When problems go beyond the
ability of Field Service Technician, this is where they turn.
"Level 2" support.
- Creates, compiles, validates, and distributes relevant site
metrics and documentation.
- Responsible for asset documentation completeness and storage
for report and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Senior Field Technician and Field Technicians as
well as 3rd party maintenance providers to ensure proper tracking
of spare parts inventory.
- Research/troubleshoot equipment failure (transformers,
inverters, recombiners, combiner boxes, PV modules, etc.) or
performance issues to solve production problems.
- Files, manages and tracks equipment warranty claims.
- Assists with customer/technical service-related projects.
- Proactively work on preventative measures to help improve
- Coordinate on-site project planning, installations,
commissioning, quality inspections, and performance testing of
those power plants.
- Owns project schedule; responsible for conducting team
meetings, delegating tasks, and managing project activities across
multiple departments and functions
- Coordinates equipment selection and procurement with Supply
- Create and maintain technical documentation for processes and
- Assist with the development and maintenance of FAQs, Lessons
Learned and best practices.
- Manage to O&M budgets.
- Review and initially approve/reject work orders and document
all customer & partner interactions.
- Other duties as assigned. NAES Safe Safety is a core value of
NAES and its subsidiaries and as a condition of employment, all
employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all
times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety
warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property.
Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and
procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is
part of the evaluation of each employee's performance. Working
Conditions Climate controlled office environment during normal
business hours. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and
around the office building. May be subjected to inclement seasonal
weather conditions if position calls for traveling to/from various
locations. Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday
through Friday. Additional hours and weekends may be required to
meet business needs. All employees will participate in the Fitness
for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer drug screen.--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or experience in its
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project/asset management,
project controls, scheduling, contracts development and
- NABCEP certification or other component specific solar
certifications helpful Other Competencies and Requirements
- Key skills include leadership, management, energy management
concepts, financial analysis and contract administration
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills are essential
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple projects
simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service
- Candidate must be organized and self-motivated, and be able to
resolve issues within given time frame It is the practice of NAES
to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the
individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability,
sexual orientation, military status or affiliation protected under
USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by
applicable local, state and federal law. Qualifications Behaviors
Preferred Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
interest Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them Team Player:
Works well as a member of a group Education Preferred Bachelors or
better. High School or better. Experience Preferred Minimum of 5
years of experience in project/asset management, project controls,
scheduling, contracts development and administration
Keywords: Naes, Tucson , Senior Technical Portfolio Manager (Bay4 Energy, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!