Director of Human Resources
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Make Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to work in an
environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
- You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to
grow your career through professional development, as well as
ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness. -
-Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement
plans are available and vary by employment status. - Additional
benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive or commission plans. -Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
-Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
Provides leadership in all areas of human resources at assigned
community(s). Responds to inquiries regarding company HR policies
- Assists in the development and implementation of human
resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with
state and federal laws.
- Facilitates and oversees human resources functions such as
recruitment, new hire orientation, performance reviews, benefit
administration, safety and workers' compensation administration,
employee relations, and training/education initiatives.
- Responds to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures,
- Conducts necessary investigations on employee relations issues
and advises management on appropriate resolution.
- Advises management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment
opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety
- Develops, implements, and monitors the human resources
- Identifies possible pay issues and works with Corporate HR to
review local market rates for community positions. Discusses market
information with Executive Director to determine if and where pay
adjustments should be considered.
- Interviews and coordinates recruitment efforts and processes
for specific positions as needed.
- Represents community(s) in legal proceedings, unemployment
hearings and workers' compensation settlements.
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations,
and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust
- Trains management on leadership and HR skills. Identifies
community training opportunities and works with
Area/Regional/Divisional HRD to implement.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and ExperienceBachelor's Degree in Human Resources,
Business Administration or related field and a minimum of five to
seven years' experience in a professional level Human Resources
role with managerial responsibility; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsCertified
Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) is preferred or
desire/willingness to acquire.
Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based
on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of
Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization
and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional
discipline. Strong communication skills and ability to be flexible
regarding responsibilities. Ability to handle pressure of work
deadlines. Knowledge of HR related Federal and State regulations.
Strong knowledge of company benefits, payroll, and workers
compensation procedures. Good presentation skills and ability to
work with associates at all levels of the company.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: - up to -25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: - Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale, Tucson , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!