General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Tech Park
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Scope of Position:
The General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on
achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost
control, guest satisfaction and developing employees while
maintaining the integrity and quality standards of the property.
Responsible for effective communication with both owners and
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Four Year College Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years hotel related work experience in a
- Certification preferred: Senior manager and/or other
certification as required by franchise.
- Previous Department managerial experience required
- Strong financial knowledge and computer skills, to include
- Hotel Brand Management helpful.
- Valid driver's license from appropriate state and MVR in good
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and
- Light work-Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and
/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to spend some time moving about the hotel overseeing
the various departments.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due
dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Regular attendance is required in compliance with Prism
standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes proper dress and correct nametag when
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Manage all sources of revenue to include rooms, food and
beverage, internet and others. Ensure all departments are
profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Create local and national marketing plans and pricing
strategies and know each market segment. Respond quickly to
changing market conditions and revise strategies
- Actively participate in sales discussions, meetings and plans.
Know key account executives and business base.
- Know monthly production levels for each sales person on the
- Promote Prism's philosophies and Culture throughout the hotel
to both team members and guests.
- Create the hotel's annual budget and monitor the performance of
the hotel throughout the year.
- Produce monthly financial reports and know at all times where
the hotel stands against budget.
- Manage human resources functions of the hotel by controlling
turnover, motivating team members, focusing on team member
development and retention and conducting regular team member
- Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and
maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow
up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow company policies and procedures and effectively
communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local
laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as
needed via departmental heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, and review future sales and
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Forecast the hotel's financial position on a monthly basis, by
estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and
projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
- Inspect rooms regularly with Executive Housekeeper, Director of
Rooms, and the Director of Engineering.
- Conduct weekly property walk throughs with all department
heads, addressing cleanliness and repairs in various areas.
Maintain logs on walk throughs for follow up.
- Be in the public areas during peak periods, greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Conduct effective recruiting and lawful interviewing when
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all team members as
needed and ensure that all managers are in compliance with Prism
- Ensure compliance for all brand training and local liquor and
- Actively participate in required MOD program as
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Internal: All hotel departments and employees: For leadership and
External: Account Executives: To promote business
Clients and Guests: maintain a presence in the hotel, solicit
Reports to: Regional Vice President of Operations
Subordinates: Food and Beverage Director, Rooms Director, Director
of Operations, Director of Sales, Director of Catering, Chief
Engineer, Director of Employee Services, and all property
Job title also known as: Hotel Manager
Keywords: Hirebridge, Tucson , General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Tech Park, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!