Hospice Clinical Manager- Registered Nurse- Tucson, AZ
Company: Amedisys Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*\*\*MODERN HEALTHCARE BEST PLACES TO WORK 2022\*\** It's at the
Heart of What We Do. *Required** Current, unencumbered license to
practice as a Registered Nurse specific to the state(s) the
employee is assigned to work/cover for the company. May possess
either a single state license in each non-compact state and/or a
compact license in their state of residence that is accepted in all
Nurse License Compact (NLC) participating states.Nurse License
Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model
of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or
her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both
physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and
regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC state to be
eligible to have a multi-state license.
* One (1+) year of experience as a Registered Nurse or eligible for
RN intern program.
* Current CPR certification. *Preferred** Knowledge of physical,
psychosocial, and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and
* Prior Hospice experience.
* Computer literate, proficient in windows navigation, emails,
internet and documenting in an EMR. Able to self-manage online HR
services and online training programs. _Amedisys is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic._*What You Will Do* As a hospice
registered nurse for Amedisys, you have the special opportunity to
provide one on one hospice and palliative care to terminally ill
patients in their home. In collaboration with a full hospice
interdisciplinary team, your work will including the development
and delivery of a patient specific care plan for the patient and
caregivers. * Communicates significant findings, problems, changes
in patient's condition or environment to the Clinical
Manager/Physician and other members of the health care team.
* Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completes initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
* Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures. Administers
medications and treatments as written in the patient's plan of
* Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
* Provides education/teaching to families/caregivers/patients
related to appropriate patient care techniques.
* Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
* Participates in nursing service evaluations, follow ups, care
center performance improvement initiatives, and period quality
* Initiates, plans, and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
* Assists in assigning LPN and Hospice Assistants to individual
patients and supervises their care.
* Participates in care center QAPI activities and interdisciplinary
* Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
* Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
* Performs other duties as assigned. About Amedisys *Caregiving is
Our Calling* At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly
or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart.
Every team member contributes to our mission of providing
exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of
patients and families every day. In hospice, you'll be a true
advocate for patients at the end of life while maintaining autonomy
and independence to support their needs. If you're looking for a
home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team. Job Type: Full-time Pay:
$59,466.46 - $135,264.75 per year Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Hospice & Palliative Medicine
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday Application Question(s):
* How many years of clinical management experience do you have?
* Nursing: 1 year (Required) License/Certification:
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* RN (Required) Work Location: On the road
Keywords: Amedisys Company, Tucson , Hospice Clinical Manager- Registered Nurse- Tucson, AZ, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!