Posted on: November 25, 2022
PURPOSE: To direct the operation of the Meat Department,
including supervising and training personnel. Ensures customer
service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
- Supervising the day to day functions of the meat department to
achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Supervises, motivates,objectives. directs, trains and
participates in the hiring of meat department personnel. Monitors
associate performance and recommend personnel actions such as
hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary actions. Schedules
personnel to ensure adequate coverage and service levels and to
meet department budgetary objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections of all meat sections and initiates
corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality and
trimming and grinding procedures, rotates products, maintains in
stock conditions, code date standards, and sanitation, safety and
- Assists with all meat department duties such as: receiving,
storage, cleaning, customer service, cutting, grinding, wrapping
and packaging and stocking.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays.
Controls shrink and expenses.
- Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase
report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs.
Maintains records on ad items movement.
- Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure
adequate and proper inventory level, product quality and freshness
and to prevent the sale of out of code products. Takes periodic
inventories, processes administrative paperwork and maintains
accurate department records.
- Maintains and organizes meat department cooler and
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging,
labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and
implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper
signing procedures andprocedures and monitoring product flow.
Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling re-worked and
reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local
health, and food handling and safety
- Checks competitors for comparisons on prices, product variety
and merchandising procedures.
- Handles customer relation. Assists customers by taking and
filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in
suggestive selling. May make intercom announcements.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work
area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
- Answering and responding incoming calls appropriately. Receives
and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the
Store Director as appropriate.
- Attends required training.
- Maintains and cleans knives, scales, steamers, display cases,
saws, meat tenderizers, slicers, cubers and wrapping
- Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of
equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the
proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance
and reports observations to the Store Director. Resolves associate
complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales
and other Company information.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties. SKILLS AND PHYSICAL
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Meat
Department including cutting, wrapping, steaming, grinding, cubing,
tenderizing and customer service.
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and
interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the
ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace
- Requires a good understanding of company policies and Meat
Department policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge
and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards,
perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department
policies and procedures.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders.
Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, high boys and pallet
jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare and package
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
Must be able to operate meat cutting utensils and equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic
mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste,
content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation
procedures and department policies and procedures.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to
order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules, and
- Utilizes knives, saws, cutters, grinders and other cutting
equipment. Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes
safety cutters. Requires use of safety gloves.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting
equipment and other work aids necessary to perform job duties. WORK
- Hands remain moist during majority of work time. Requires the
ability to work for prolonged periods of time in an environment
with a temperature range of 40 - to 50 - Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to 35 - Fahrenheit while handling products in cold
cases, 28 - Fahrenheit in cooler and -20 degrees Fahrenheit in
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store
environment. SAFETY-SENSITIVE POSITION: Job responsibilities
include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of
the employee performing the task or others. DISCLAIMER: The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees must
comply with Company, Division and Store policies and applicable
laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel
so classified may vary within each store and from store to
Keywords: Albertson's, Tucson , Manager-SWNHLY-WP, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!