Retail Assistant Manager
Company: Mt. Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Mt Lemmon General Store and Gift Shop has an opening for the
position of Assistant Store and Gift Shop Manager. This position
will require the following:
* A motivated self starter who is enthusiastic and fun.
* Someone who is willing and able to work in and eventually manage
the store at full capacity without supervision.
* A creative, detail oriented and passionate person who enjoys
cooking and is willing and able to learn our fudge production
* A multitasker with the ability to be responsible for store
opening and closing, POS system management and register close out,
directing staff, and assisting the owners/manager with overall
operation of the store. Including but not limited to helping and
serving customers, working as a cashier, cleaning, stocking,
inventory control, etc.
The qualified candidate must be well spoken, friendly and
personable, able to interact and have fun while serving our
customers. The position is structured such that the assistant
manager will be responsible for 1-5 employees at a time and is
directly accountable to the store owners and the General Manager.
We are currently open 7 days per week for 8-9 hours per day. The
assistant manager will be expected to work approximately 24-40
hours per week and schedule is flexible. Weekdays, weekends and
holidays are expected to be part of your regular schedule, with the
exception of requested time off.
The Mt Lemmon General Store and Gift Shop is experiencing rapid
growth in the exciting little town of Summerhaven up on Mt Lemmon.
Many people visit here all times of the year for recreation and
sightseeing which makes our store a vital mountain community
resource. This is an exceptional and unique job opportunity to work
in a famous store high up in the beautiful Catalina Mountains. The
work environment is fast paced and very fun. Our customers are
happy to be here and love visiting and browsing the store.
*Required skills and knowledge*
* Customer Service - Oral Communication - Leadership ability - Good
Ethics - Good Judgment - Proficiency in Microsoft Word and
* Detail oriented multitasker with an enthusiasm for cooking
* _*Reliable and Dependable - Always willing to put forth whatever
effort is needed to overcome personal and unforeseen circumstances
that might interfere with your job. This job must be one of your
*Education and experience*
* Minimum 2 years retail and/or food service management experience
required, prefer grocery and/or mercantile.
* A proven track record of success, with a list of both personal
and professional references that can be verified.
* Minimum High School graduate or GED equivalent.
*Physical Demands and work environment policies*
* The employee is constantly required to use arm/hands to operate a
cash register, operate fudge making equipment, price merchandise,
lift boxes, move products, and shovel snow.
* The employee is required to remain standing for extended periods
of time, with frequent bending and lifting.
* Appropriate dress and appearance is required per our store
* The employee is required to have personal mobility, manual
dexterity and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable
accommodation, which permits the employee to access the general
retail environment, and to operate a motor vehicle.
* The employee is constantly required to communicate verbally and
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth
* The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50
pounds without assistance.
* A clean Motor Vehicle Report and good driving habits are
*Company Salary and Benefits*
* Paid medical and dental insurance (for the employee only)
* Certain paid holidays
* Paid vacation
* 401k with profit sharing
The Mt Lemmon General Store is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or
ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
* Retail sales: 2 years (Required)
* Store management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mt. Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop, Tucson , Retail Assistant Manager, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!