RN Trauma Manager FT Days
Company: Carondelet St. Josephs Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
When you join our Community Built On Care, you will find a
diverse team of dedicated nurses who work together with one goal:
to provide quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
You will have the opportunity to create meaningful connections and
work alongside team members who are passionate about improving our
patients' lives. Here, we value employees' growth and work hard in
cultivating a nurturing work environment where you can develop your
skills as a nursing professional. Join us in our mission to provide
compassionate, quality care.
RN Trauma Manager FT Days Postion Summary
Accountable for associate performance and provision of patient care
within specific environment and shift. Monitor fiscal and budgetary
operations and provide support for the vision and direction of
specific areas. Responsible for ongoing interface and frequent
communication with patients, customers, associates, and management.
Effectively manage change, facilitate innovation, foster
- Provides direct nursing care as required by patient demand in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. Includes taking patient load and
covering Clinical Lead position as needed.
- Provide financial review of administrative reports,
accountability reports, benchmarking graphs, business plans,
marketing initiatives, and variance reports. Take action as
required to meet productivity targets and control expenses.
- Oversee budgets and capital for department. Forecast future
budgeting needs and participates in budget development.
- Review department compensation, implements HR policies,
recruitment, associate status changes, and associate access to
patient care systems
- Provide leadership and set expectations for the roles &
responsibilities for subordinates and Clinical Nurse Leaders.
- Develop staff competencies and provide information for staff
- Provide performance coaching that may include performance
improvement plans, corrective action and termination.
- Compile and conduct charge master review and make changes.
Provide for accurate billing of department charges.
- Supervise department recruitment for open positions and assist
with retention activities (comp team, R & R Initiatives). Complete
position replacement forms and processes
- Authorize reimbursement requests, special checks, petty cash,
and other requests
- Lead special projects (current / planned), coordinate move
- Interface with Information Systems regarding department
computer applications and systems.
- Participate in hospital-wide committees.
- Conduct hourly, purposeful rounding on patients and
- Conduct employee evaluations (new employee, annual, performance
improvement plans). Coach and develop employees.
- Participate and support network initiatives such as patient
experience, quality and patient safety and hospital/department
specific initiatives. Achieve or exceed established quality and
- Facilitate department meetings and huddles. Attend required
hospital, department and medical staff meetings
- Oversee orientation process of new associates and staff to the
department. Ensure initial competencies are demonstrated and
- Facilitate educational opportunities and staff development in
collaboration with Network education including Information Systems
courses, web based training, Team Building, Clinical Coach
training, and competency development
- Complete required/mandatory education: Safety, Disaster Plans,
and Infection Control.
- Monitor and take appropriate corrective actions to secure any
- Oversee flow of equipment, supplies, and staffing to maintain
- Maintain unit's compliance with hospital procedures and
- Develop a plan for customer/patient care delivery within the
- Support the business development process and provide
information to support the development of the hospital business
- Monitor the efficiency of the unit's operations and recommend
- Maintain department survey readiness to ensure all regulatory
standards are compliant.
- Understand, interpret, and model the values of CHN/Tenet;
clearly and consistently communicate these values to associates;
ensure that the specific environment vision is in alignment CHN's
mission and values.
- Provide and maintain customer satisfaction. Respond to the
needs and expectations of internal and external customers
(patients, partners, stakeholders, payors, physicians, associates,
volunteers, visitors, families, students and instructors, etc.);
provide appropriate feedback; implement plans and strategies to
maintain customer satisfaction. THE RN TRAUMA MANAGER FT DAYS
CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION,
LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: Current Arizona RN License in applicable discipline.
Certifications dependent on department, as noted in Attachment
Required: Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, Business, Public
Administration, Management or related field.
Required: 3 years' related experience; minimum of 1 year of
supervisory experience. Knowledge of team building, systems
thinking, complex problem solving, negotiating and influencing;
change and conflict management; data analysis; coaching and
mentoring, strategic planning, business strategy development.
Computer skills required.
Preferred: 5 years' related experience; 3 years supervisory
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Carondelet St. Josephs Hospital, Tucson , RN Trauma Manager FT Days, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!