Group Sales Manager
Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Wyndham Resort Westward Look
Wyndham is now seeking a Group Sales Manager to join our team at
the Wyndham Resort Westward Look location in Tucson, Arizona.
The Sales Manager Level II is responsible for effectively
soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her
market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and
closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience in a
specific market-- or a 4year college degree and at least 1 year of
related experience-- or a 2year college degree and 2 or more years
of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the
hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and
SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by
the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing
frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the
Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours
and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct
sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling
techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average
Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel
with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the
- Use your property's computerized sales management system to
manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to)
generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation
in community and professional associations, activities and
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales
to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Entertain clients.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we
champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn-- by Wyndham, Baymont-- by Wyndham, Days Inn-- by
Wyndham, Dazzler-- by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts-- by
Wyndham, Esplendor-- Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by
Wyndham--, Howard Johnson-- by Wyndham, La Quinta-- Inns & Suites,
Microtel by Wyndham--, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide--
by Wyndham, Super 8-- by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection-- by
Wyndham, Travelodge-- by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham--, Wingate by
Wyndham--, Wyndham Garden--, Wyndham Grand-- and Wyndham Hotels and
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in
London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Resort Westward Look, 245 East Ina Road,
Tucson, Arizona 85745
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Tucson , Group Sales Manager, Executive , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!