Medical, Surgical RN - Parker, AZ
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN
(Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics) in Parker, AZ.
MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO PARKER, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in
addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving
with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS.
Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $60,000 to $75,000
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be
authorized in addition to salary
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In
the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients
whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not
limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature
ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical
care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for
individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member,
reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development
activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback
from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition;
collects and interprets data from the patient's history and
physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken
based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure
needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications,
intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures.
Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during
procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air
transport based upon patient's condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or
immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) License or
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO PARKER, AZ
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing
About Parker, AZ
The Parker IHS facility is located only 2.5 hours from Phoenix AZ
and Palm Springs CA, 1.75 hours from Laughlin NV, 3 hours from Las
Vegas NV, and 4 hours from Los Angeles CA, making it easy to reach
these vacation destinations and major airports.
Most hospital staff choose to live in either Parker, or the nearby
Lake Havasu City AZ (38 miles distant), home to the famous London
Bridge and inviting waters of Lake Havasu.
Featured in the "Best Places to Retire" lists in Money Magazine,
Portfolio.com and other national publications, Lake Havasu City
offers a full panorama of recreation and relaxation activities for
the young at heart in a land free of mosquitoes, smog and big city
Tee-off on one of several Lake Havasu City golf courses, enjoy a
game of Bocce Ball or tennis, or drop a line in the lake from our
public fishing docks your own boat. While we're talking boats, we
should mention that Lake Havasu is the boating capital of the
Southwest. The crystal clear lake offers more than 60 miles of
navigable waterways with no speed or size restrictions. Explore
shoreline coves on a pleasure cruise, enjoy a relaxing day of
world-class fishing or sprint across the lake in a high-powered
But that's not all you can do in Lake Havasu City – not even the
start, especially if that something is playing on the Colorado
River, scuba diving, off-roading, ultralight flying, hiking or one
of the other unique activities that make Lake Havasu City one of
the best places to retire in Arizona and the United States.
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Tucson , Medical, Surgical RN - Parker, AZ, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!