Registered Nurse (Inpatient) - Polacca, AZ
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Indian Health Service is hiring for an Inpatient RN in Polacca,
AZ. New BSN Graduates Welcome!
Must be willing to relocate to Polacca, AZ!
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in
addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving
with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS.
Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $51,708 to $75,267 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be
authorized in addition to salary
Inpatient Registered Nurses provide comprehensive nursing care to
patients across the age spectrum and with a wide range of acute
conditions in inpatient settings. Registered Nurses apply
established professional nursing concepts, principles and practices
to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for general
medical and/or surgical patients This is a Direct Hire Open
Continuous Announcement at multiple facilities in the Phoenix Area
Indian Health Service.
- Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient
needs and problems and to develop implement and evaluate plans of
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient (adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and
- Observes and assesses patient's clinical condition: recognizes,
identifies and interprets serious situations and immediately
implements proper action.
- Documents observations, nursing interventions, responses to
therapeutic measures and status of coordinated activities between
nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the approved
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications,
intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures.
Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during
procedure and evaluates results.
- Participate in staff development activities including
orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government
sponsored training opportunities.
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In
the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
administrative responsibilities when required.
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for training,
conferences, and/or meetings for this position.
- Education: Must have a minimum of a BSN degree and new BSN
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be willing to relocate to Polacca, AZ
- RN experience preferred.
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264
in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people
settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand side by
side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered throughout
the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own history and
a surprising variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a
convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as
well as a few other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts.
The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east,
has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a
gas station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as
Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup,
NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 minutes drive) offer a wider
selection of shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has
many other attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking,
rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state
and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and
Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive
(between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups
traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor
adventure trips on the weekends.
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Tucson , Registered Nurse (Inpatient) - Polacca, AZ, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!