Health and Safety Lead
Company: Freeport McMoRan Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with
headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived,
geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable
reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic
portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper
industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly
traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum
and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful
history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and
socially-responsible manner. We have the assets, the talent, the
drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and
rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the
time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at
Freeport-McMoRan. Description Engage primarily with the frontline
workforce to raise awareness of health and safety policies, risks
and controls. Facilitate processes in the Health & Safety
Management System, including incident investigations and hazard
assessments to ensure compliance with government laws and
regulations, and company policies.
- Directs employee engagement activities such as risk assessments
and raising general safety awareness to employees, managers, and
- Leads safety audits and inspects facilities within area of
responsibility to ensure a safe working environment and compliance
with regulatory laws.
- Manages Health and Safety functions or projects.
- Trains staff from multiple divisions in safety procedures,
including specialized safety training (e.g., confined space,
LOTOTO) and Annual Refresher Training as required.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem
areas, and may direct remedial action.
- Participates on cross-function teams to manage moderately
complex incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Accompanies MSHA/OSHA/State Mine Inspectors and document
regulated field activities.
- Conducts health and safety orientations, visit work sites and
distribute literature to implement and promote safety and/or
environmental policies and procedures.
- May administer workers' compensation program for the company,
including interacting with workers' compensation insurers,
monitoring claims, developing and administering loss prevention and
rehabilitation management/monitoring programs, maintain files, and
provide necessary support in defense of claims.
- Perform other duties as required. Qualifications
- Leading personnel and/or projects, AND
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years of experience in
Health & Safety or related, OR
- Associate's degree and three (3) years of experience in Health
& Safety or related, OR
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of experience in Health &
Safety or related, OR
- Bachelor's degree in a technical mining related discipline with
at least one summer internship experience (or equivalent) working
in mining or industrial environment Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed
the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined
that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job
functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the
employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the
Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted
access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees
who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard
Recognition Training; or--
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment,
machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the
essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor
vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose
"motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles
and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of
Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety
sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description
and which upon further review continue to be designated as
safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the
actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Freeport McMoRan Inc., Tucson , Health and Safety Lead, Healthcare , Morenci, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!