Paramedic ED PRN Days
Company: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Helping people feel better isn't just about the treatment we
give - the relationships we create and the compassion we share are
just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the
lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside
every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare,
and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and
rewarding environment. From your first day, you'll be part of a
group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in
a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work
with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a
difference? Join us in going above and beyond.PARAMEDIC ED PT DAYS
POSITION SUMMARYParamedics function under the clinical authority
and medical direction of the Emergency Department Medical Director
or emergency physician designee to provide care for emergency
center patients. CHN employed paramedics report to the Clinical
Lead operationally on a day to day basis and they report through
the chain of command to the department director or manager.Note
specific to Holy Cross Hospital: At CHC, CHN employed paramedics
report to the charge nurse operationally on a day to day basis, and
they report through the chain of command to the department director
- Performs urgent and emergent care procedures including EKGs,
wound care, vital sign monitoring, medication administration, IV
initiation and codes.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection.
- Communicates findings and patient condition to primary
Registered Nurse (RN).
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital
policies and procedures.
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of
- Performs basic care appropriately within the paramedic scope of
practice including phlebotomy, splinting, and maintenance of spinal
- Starts peripheral intravenous lines, including external jugular
lines, starts IOs, initiates infusion, and maintains and adjusts
fluid administration per physician order.
- Performs invasive and non-invasive airway management within the
paramedic scope of practice examples: oxygen administration,
tracheal suctioning, assisted ventilation, positioning, end-tidal
CO2 and pulse-ox monitoring.
- Additionally, monitoring the infusion of blood and blood
products for rate and patient response.
- Assists in all aspects with obstetric emergencies.
- Only under the direction of a Physician will endotracheal
intubation be performed.
- Performs cardiovascular monitoring and management within the
paramedic scope of practice.
- Evaluates acuity level of patients and insures appropriate
matching of patients care needs to unit and hospital
- Performs primary and secondary assessments of patients and
reports critical changes.
- In addition, complies with paramedic practices outlined by
Article 5, administrative direction (ARS 36-2201).
THE PARAMEDIC ED PT DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING
EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND
Required: AZ State Certified Emergency Paramedic.Certification
Required: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS).EDUCATIONRequired: High School Diploma or General Education
Diploma (G.E.D.)WORK EXPERIENCERequired: One (1) year of paramedic
experience. Must be able to work variable shifts, holidays and/or
weekends. Must be able to take call rotation when required. Must be
able to perform all duties, including lifting and transferring,
using proper body mechanics.#LI-SARJob:
Emergency/EMT/ParamedicPrimary Location: Tucson, ArizonaFacility:
Carondelet St. Joseph's HospitalJob Type: PT2YShift Type:
DaysEmployment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital, Tucson , Paramedic ED PRN Days, Healthcare , Vail, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!