Registered Nurse RN Behavioral Health Nights
Company: Cornerstone Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
$7500 Sign-on Bonus!
Responsibilities:The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse provides
comprehensive nursing care consistent with the ANA Standards of
Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care. The Registered Nurse
assesses the patient's needs, plans, and implements and evaluates
patient care and the patient's response to treatment utilizing the
nursing process, which is integrated into the multidisciplinary
treatment team plan of care. The Registered Nurse is accountable
for assigned nursing care activities on a shift basis and is
responsible for promoting and enhancing professional nursing
practice on the unit. The Registered Nurse may assume Charge Nurse
responsibilities, as required.
- Assesses and documents patient's medical, physical,
psychological, and spiritual status continuously and intervenes as
- Accurately and safely administers prescribed medications and
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating care
specific with diagnostic criteria tailored to meet the needs of the
patient population. Ensures that the nursing progress notes and
treatment plan reflect the care provided.
- Supports staff, patient, and family education to enhance
knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients,
ensuring that the patient's needs are met and that a safe discharge
plan is arranged.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
and hospital policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional and ethical
standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of all
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software
applications used in job functions (Order entry, data input
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of
abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care
related setting are ineligible for employment in this
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in psychiatric nursing
or acceptable related training and experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse who is currently licensed to practice, in
good standing, by the state of employment.
- CPR certification and de-escalation training required prior to
any patient contact and must be maintained throughout
Keywords: Cornerstone Behavioral Health, Tucson , Registered Nurse RN Behavioral Health Nights, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!