Company: RINCON AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER
Posted on: November 24, 2022
NEW! Outpatient Surgery Center opening in October! M-F day
shift! - No Weekends, No call, No Major Holidays! - We are looking
for an experienced Surgery Scheduler (prefer Epic experience) who
values teamwork and thrives in a busy outpatient environment. -
-Summary Job Description The Scheduler is responsible for
collecting patient data and timely procedural information from the
surgeons' office staff. The scheduler enters the data into the
business software program, communicates equipment, staffing and
ancillary needs to the Director of Nursing or designee, and
confirms insurance authorizations as necessary. The Scheduler may
be cross-trained in other functions of the business office and
reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Schedule all surgery center procedures as requested by the
physician or the physician's office staff.
- Confirm correct patient, procedure and side/site with the
physician's office at the time of scheduling.
- Capture complete and accurate patient clinical, demographic and
insurance information to include authorizations as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with the Director of Nursing
or designee to prevent equipment and staffing conflicts and
schedule ancillary services relative to a procedure.
- Arrange for anesthesia coverage for all necessary scheduled
- Assist with registration forms and patient chart preparation
- Communicate and coordinate with the Director of Nursing or
designee regarding same day and next day add-on cases, scheduling
conflicts, and any patient problems.
- Maintain positive communication with Medical Staff members and
their office personnel.
- Track cancellations and monitor and maintain block time.
- May cross-train in other office functions such as medical
records preparation and follow up.
- Perform other duties as administratively assigned.
- Respect patient's rights.
- Perform actions that demonstrate accountability.
- Orient, instruct, and train assigned personnel.
- Enhance professional growth and development through
participation in various programs, in-services, workshops and
meetings.Customer Relations and Personal Behaviors:
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
which promote a positive environment, teamwork and loyalty to the
- Maintain a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
- In accordance with the ambulatory surgery center philosophy,
present behaviors and actions which create a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, physicians, vendors and Surgery
- Demonstrate behaviors and actions which support the mission,
goals and operations of the Surgery Center that also contribute to
continuous service improvement.
- Exhibit flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work
environment and/or work schedule.
- Maintain a positive attitude, even during periods of stress and
- Maintain positive attendance and communicate in advance any
absences from work.
- High school graduate
- Two (2) years of related experience using scheduling software
- Demonstrated ability to type 45 wpm.
- Comprehension of medical terminology.
- Minimum one (1) year scheduling experience in an ambulatory
surgery facility, acute-care hospital, or doctor's office.
- Experience using Windows applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) or ability to obtain within 6
months of hire
- Intermittent and prolonged physical mobility/activity including
walking, standing, sitting, lifting up to 50 pounds, pulling and
pushing of carts, equipment, etc. - Must be able to bend body
downward at the waist; be able to kneel.
Keywords: RINCON AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER, Tucson , Surgery Scheduler, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!