Certified Nurse Assistant/CNA - 2nd Shift
Company: Grace Management
Posted on: March 19, 2023
2nd Shift 2:00pm - 10:00pm
The Ranch Estates of Tucson will pay for your Certified Caregiver
The Ranch Estates of Tucson seeks compassionate and caring
individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior
living experiences. Working at The Ranch Estates of Tucson means
you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a
positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program Summary of Duties of the Certified
The primary responsibility of the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
is to provide physical and psychosocial care to all residents in a
manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. The
Certified Nurse Assistant reports to the shift supervisor as well
as the Wellness Director.
Essential Functions of the Certified Nurse Assistant
- Provides all necessary care and services to assigned residents
and assists other wellness department associates as needed.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living such as
with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes: shaving, oral
care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting
with residents and families.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental,
or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
- Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with
- Washes residents' laundry as needed.
- Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne
Pathogens standard, and follows established infection control
procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
- Documents provision of services on Company forms.
- Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax
machines, and telephone.
- Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation
- Assists residents with personal correspondence/telephone use
- Observes and reports changes in residents' physical condition
and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or supervisor,
- Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
- Monitors for environmental safety hazards.
- Respond to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner; Immediately
reports such emergencies to the supervisor.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in
potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Follows-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other
individuals regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
Non-Essential Functions of the Certified Nurse Assistant
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities
- Care for sensory enhancement devices such as eyeglasses and
- Completes housekeeping tasks such as bed-making, linen changes,
vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning bathroom.
- Acts as an ambassador and public relations representative to
guests and other off-campus visitors.
- Copies special paperwork and/or forms.
- Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort
residents to dining room, assist with set-up and clean tables,
serve meals, bus tables, etc.).
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom
of the residents, and an understanding of the aging process.
- Collaborates with associates in other departments to assure
necessary care and services are provided.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory
in-services. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Must maintain certification for a Certified Nurse Aide.
- Satisfactory completion of the company Resident Assistant
skills competency checklist.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases;
Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon
hire and upon request of supervisor.
- Experience in Assisted Living preferred. Skills & Requirements
Keywords: Grace Management, Tucson , Certified Nurse Assistant/CNA - 2nd Shift, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...