2024 Summer Intern - Oncology Assay Development - Analytical Methods
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 10, 2024
The Position2024 Summer Intern - Oncology Assay Development -
Analytical MethodsDepartment SummaryThis position forms part of the
Analytical Methods Development team and is responsible for
initiating, directing and executing scientific research, including
development, validation and manufacturing process strategies with
laboratory testing to support new and existing products.This
internship position is located in Tucson, AZ and is fully on site.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of
scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions,
products and problems.
- Participates in developing, validating, performing and
troubleshooting new analytical test methods for carrying out
biochemical, biological, and chemical analyses.
- Performs a variety of tests, analyses, or production and
research activities involving chemical, biochemical, and biological
samples, specimens and products.
- Performs a full range of laboratory assignments including
qualitative and quantitative analyses in a full-functioning
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment, and
inventories and orders required supplies.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of
product or process principles and to achieve objectives in creative
and effective ways.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence
related to the work.Program Highlights
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid
- Program start dates is in May (Summer)
- A stipend, based on location, will be provided to help
alleviate costs associated with the internship.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology
industry.Minimum Required Education:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree, Master's or PhD (enrolled
student) Required majors:
- Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/BiochemistryRequired skills:
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific
creativity, and collaboration with others and independent
- Strong understanding of scientific principles and
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports
- Should be able to analyze data, evaluate results, form
conclusions and provide/implement process or document
- Should be able to apply advanced scientific knowledge to
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily
behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.Relocation
benefits are not available for this job posting.
#Roche-R&D-Interns-2024 (ROCHE)Who we areAt Roche, more than
100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers
of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's
leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on
innovation, curiosity and diversity.Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.
(Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures
instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide
staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow
management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory
efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology
professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized
healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion
diagnostics. Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly
prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical
disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability
and need an accommodation in relation to the online application
process, please contact us by completing this form .
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Tucson , 2024 Summer Intern - Oncology Assay Development - Analytical Methods, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!