Physician (Non-Invasive Cardiologist)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
This position offers some flexibility and could be suitable for either an experienced cardiologist or a new graduate with advanced echocardiography skills. Advanced echocardiography skills are required. Interests in other cardiac imaging, heart failure, and/or consult service leadership/non-invasive inpatient cardiology would all be compatible with our service needs. All our division members participate in outpatient clinic services. Our hospitalist service reduces the demands of in-patients care on our subspecialty divisions. Investigators with VA Merit Review Awards are afforded up to thirty-five percent protected time for research. Candidates must also be eligible for a faculty appointment with the University of Arizona commensurate with clinical experience and academic achievement in order to help facilitate teaching of medical students, residents and fellows. The candidate must be American Heart Association BLS/ACLS certified. The successful candidate will enjoy the security of VA salary funding, the generous federal benefits package, our lovely southwestern climate, the professional advantages of academic affiliation, and a medium size city with the cultural enrichments of a major university Preferred experience: board certified or board eligible in Cardiology. Clinical Contact: Raymond L. Kacich, M.D., Chief, Medicine Care Line, , or e-mail at . Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, with on call coverage Financial Disclosure Report: Not required. Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education
- Liability protection
- Federal Employee Retirement
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan) Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in a hospital setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume Optional: VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Tucson , Physician (Non-Invasive Cardiologist), Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!