Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) professional staff is seeking a full-time Geriatrics provider to provide quality service in our progressive, innovative health care system for our Veteran hospital population. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive medical and geriatric care to outpatient veterans. Duties performed will be consistent with selected provider's granted privileges and based upon individual training, qualifications, and experience. The selected individual will be responsible for performing duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provides care within the context of a multidisciplinary approach and documents services through appropriate notes.
- Provides clinical oversight to Nurse Practitioners, Fellows, Residents and students and participates in the education program.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team activities and provides cross coverage to other programs.
- Participates actively in delivering in-service training for medical center staff, Geriatric Medicine Fellows, medical residents, and medical students; and supports an environment that promotes academic excellence and encourages continual learning; and
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other practice areas to ensure adequate and appropriate delivery of long-term care services to Veterans.
- May participate in weekend coverage of CLC interim care and hospice patients. Clinical Contact: Dr. Karen MacKichan, Deputy Chief of Staff, extension 5790 or email at Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Preferred Experience: Board Certified or Board Eligible in Geriatrics. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in in clinical care and education. Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education
- Liability protection for Federal Employees
- Retirement - Federal Annuity Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan) Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in a hospital setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume OPTIONAL: VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Tucson , Physician (Geriatrics), Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!