Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Services Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Community Partners Integrated Healthcare
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Tucson, Arizona. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com COMMUNITY PARTNERS JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Services Licensed Practical Nurse GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the MAT Medical Director, the LPN performs tasks in providing comprehensive, intensive, on- and off-site clinical services to Pima County behavioral health members enrolled in the MAT program. Provides appropriate medical services and medical support services, including information, teaches wellness classes, injections, lab coordination, pharmacy coordination, vitals, and coordination with both psychiatric and medical providers. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing
- Current, active, and unrestricted license in the state of AZ as License Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Possess knowledge of mental health and addiction disorders
- Demonstrates nursing skills with emphasis on pharmacology and medical treatment of persons with mental illness and / or addiction disorders
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to educate clients on health-related topics and medications
- Knowledge of DEA inventory control regarding scheduled 2 and 3 opioid medication, dosing dispensing calibration, central registration, and providing U/A's
- Experienced in team approach when dealing with medication administration withdrawals, key awareness in the admission process when working with special population, reporting diversion control activities, and awareness of chain of custody duties
- Maintains certification in CPR and First Aid as required for nurses
- Conducts daily duties within the scope of practice defined by the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Ability to read and interpret physicians' orders and notes from other providers
- The preferred candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, insurance coverage, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record.
- Must have or can obtain a fingerprint clearance certification.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. CPIH is an equal opportunity employer. CPIH does not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, creed, tribal affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, socio-economic status, claims experience, medical history, physical or intellectual disability, ability to pay, source of payment, mental illness, and/or cultural and linguistic needs, as well as any other class protected by law. Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Community Partners Integrated Healthcare, Tucson , Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Services Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!