Medical Assistant - Western Neuro- Carondelet Medical Group - 1K sign on bonus
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Medical Assistant - Western Neuro- Carondelet Medical Group - 1K
sign on bonus
GeneralSummary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible
for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under
thedirection of a physician, assists medical providers, and
maintains a clean andsafe environment in accordance with the
policies and procedures of thepractice.EssentialJob
- Adheresto and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, andprocedures of Tenet Physician
- Adheresto the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy
- Demonstratessupport for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program
by being knowledgeable ofcompliance responsibilities as expressed
in the Code of Conduct; adhering tofederal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies andprocedures policies that
affect his/her specific jobfunctions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in atimely and appropriate
- Assists inthe assessment of patient needs and health plan by
taking vital signs, history,medication listing, assessing visual
acuity and determining chief complaint.Assesses patients' physical
and mental status.
- Completes allnecessary documentation in the patient's medical
record in accordance withpractice's charting policy.
- Preparesequipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medicalprocedures
- Administersprescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous andintradermal injections. Performs venipunctures,
CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waivedlab testing.
- Maintains aclean, orderly and safe environment for patients and
visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, andstoring
instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms
inpreparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of
medical and examroom supplies.
- Complies withestablished personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protectionagainst exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids,chemical disinfectants,
radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultationsand appointments for
testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriateinsurance
personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the
physicianor other health care provider, which require
pre-certification by the insurancecompany.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in
schedulingappointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists inchecking out patients and assists them with referral
processing and schedulingprocess
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as
Education: High schooldiploma/GED required with completion of an
accredited Medical Assisting ProgramCertification: MedicalAssistant
and CPR certification Experience:Musthave a minimum of one year of
experience working in a physician office and becomfortable doing
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and
- Understanding of documentation required for physician office
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the
local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other
health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient
to provide effective patient care. Skills:
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment,
discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party
payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving
goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing,
applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and
- Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
- Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and
- Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative
staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and
software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical
office equipment.EquipmentOperated: Must be able to operate medical
office devices as well as standardoffice equipment including
computers, fax machines, copiers, printers,telephones, calculators,
Job:Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical AsstPrimary Location:Tucson,
ArizonaFacility:Tucson Physician Group HoldingsJob
Keywords: Tenet, Tucson , Medical Assistant - Western Neuro- Carondelet Medical Group - 1K sign on bonus, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!