RN, Emergency Room
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Phoenix Indian Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ is hiring for a Nurse
(Emergency) for the Emergency Room department. The Nurse will
report to the Supervisory Nurse onsite. The nurse will perform
professional nursing duties in the care of trauma and emergency
patients managing critical patient care in varying medical
situations reflecting the knowledge of hospital policy and
procedures relating to patient care.Pay: $79,000 - $100,000--base
salary per year*May Authorize Recruitment BonusShift: Full-timeWhy
- Do you have student loans?-- You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were workingPosition
- Assess patients for emergency care and triages based on
history, physical assessment.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care for acutely ill and/or
critically ill patients.
- Monitor or evaluate medical conditions of patients in
collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Plan, evaluate, or modify treatment programs based on
information gathered by observing and interviewing patients, or by
analyzing patient records.
- Documents nursing interventions, therapeutic measure
administered, patient's reactions, patient teaching and
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician
to include, but not limited to, medication administration,
intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, treatments and maintains
those measures taken which are ongoing in nature.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment. Initiates and
maintains IV therapy including blood products
- RN Certification
- 2-4 Years of Emergency Room ExperienceAbout Phoenix Indian
Medical CenterOur largest health care facility is the Phoenix
Indian Medical Center (PIMC), located near downtown Phoenix. This
Joint Commission accredited 127-bed hospital employs nearly 1,200
people to provide a comprehensive range of specialty services to
both urban and rural tribal members. In addition, PIMC professional
staff travels throughout the states in the Phoenix Area region,
providing direct services and consultation and guidance to other
IHS hospitals and health centers.Gorgeous desert scenery sets
Phoenix apart from other cosmopolitan cities in the United States.
In fact, Phoenix has more land designated for parks and preserves
than any other major city in the nation. In addition to its natural
beauty, it has big-city offerings, too, such as outstanding
theater, shopping, dining, museums, and more.--This timeless
Southwestern backdrop is the perfect setting for family vacations,
weekend adventures or romantic getaways. Enjoy resorts and spas
infused with American Indian tradition, golf courses that stay
green all year, mountain parks crisscrossed with trails, sports
venues worthy of the Super Bowl, and a spectrum of boutiques and
fashionable malls few regions in America can match.Reno Gazette
Journal. Keywords: Emergency Room Nurse, Location: Tucson, AZ -
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Tucson , RN, Emergency Room, Healthcare , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!