Company: Atira Hotels
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job DescriptionLine CookJoin our award winning team at Lodge on
the Desert and let your culinary skills shine! Create menu magic
and make hungry people happy. NOW HIRING!!!!Atira Management Group
is highly rated as a great place to work by our employees on
Glassdoor and Zip Recruiter. Compensation and benefits packages are
competitive for similar positions in the industry.Pay Rate:
$15.00-$16.00 Per Hour. Available shiftsNight shift, Day shift,
Weekend availability, Holidays, Monday to FridayJob
DescriptionPlan, prep, set up, and provide quality service in all
areas of food production for menu items and specials in the
designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide
specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation
of work areas and equipment. Job Requirements
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and at whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health
regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments,
anticipated business levels, changes, and other information
pertinent to the job performance.
- Opening Shift - Turn on specified equipment (i.e., ovens, deep
fryers), full the steam table, and unlock secured areas (i.e.,
reach-ins, walk-ins); secure keys. Qualifications
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)Complete Opening
- Set up work station with required tools, equipment, and
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools,
equipment, and supplies.
- Check production schedule and pars.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be
requisitioned for the day's tasks.
- Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different
areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for
- Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal
- Check P.O.S. printer at the work station; ensure that it is in
working order and there is enough paper available for the
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the
Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily
specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health
Department and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make cleanup a more
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties:
- Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
- Rotate all returned products.
- Wrap, cover, label, and date all items being put away.
- Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
- Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, and
- Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified
- Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool
- Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the
Head Cook before leaving. Benefits:
- 401(k) matching.
- Dental insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Employee complimentary meals.
- Employee hotel room discount.
- Holiday pay.
- Paid time off.
Keywords: Atira Hotels, Tucson , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!