Stem Cell Processing Supervisor - Night Shift
Company: The Cooper Companies
Posted on: November 18, 2023
To process the once in a lifetime cord blood and cord tissue
samples that are received at CBR Tucson, ensuring that the samples
are treated with the highest regard for quality and efficiency. To
offer guidance and direction to the Processing staff. To act as a
liaison between Technicians and Management.
Remember to check your CV before applying Also, ensure you read
through all the requirements related to this role.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
to the following:
* Supervise the activities of processing staff by directing
workflow and appraising/disciplining performance as
* Discuss/explain operational and procedural changes to Processing
* Delegate responsibility and guide co-workers in a professional
* Perform repetitive tasks while maintaining attention to
* Process cord blood and cord tissue samples at all workstations
trained and certified to maintain a flexible production
* Independently perform assigned duties in compliance with internal
policies, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as
well as external regulations as determined by regulatory
* Make independent decisions regarding sample non-conformities in
accordance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for maintaining the quality system.
* Troubleshoot problems and help to develop improved
* Account for all samples processed and matrix deviations while
functioning as Point Supervisor.
* Generate service tickets, nonconformance report (NCR) and
deviations (DEVs) to document and correct/prevent processing
* Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective actions for
deviations and non-conformities noted within the Processing
* Audit, verify, and maintain accurate records for each sample.
* Maintain donor, client, and employee confidentiality.
* Perform the final review of processing records prior to document
* Initiate and/or review document change orders.
* Review personnel training records to ensure that staff is
* Coordinate and/or facilitate the training, certification and
competency assessment of staff.
* Remain current in all training.
* Conduct direct report meetings and perform employee performance
* Facilitate or assist in the interview, selection process and
onboarding of new employees.
* Provide tours of department (i.e. vendors, audits, shadows)
* Maintain Production Schedule including time-off requests as
dictated by coverage requirements.
* Review and approve timecards for direct reports and other staff
as required by management.
* Perform general lab cleaning and maintenance.
* Understand Job Hazard Analysis concerns at each workstation.
* Communicate safety issues, deviation from procedures, and
abnormalities to responsible parties (Management, IT, Safety
Keywords: The Cooper Companies, Tucson , Stem Cell Processing Supervisor - Night Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!