Reservations - Group Coordinator
Company: THE WESTIN LA PALOMA RESORT &
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-AZ-Tucson# of Openings: 1Category: RevenuePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Welcome to one of Arizona's most beloved resorts: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in Tucson. Our magnificent 250 acre desert resort is nestled in the foothills of Tucson's Santa Catalina Mountains and features 487 rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space.
We have exciting employment opportunities to offer in our rooms division, food and beverage and administrative and general departments. There are health and welfare benefits for full-time associates and other offerings for all associates including paid time off, free meals daily in our associate dining room and a discounted travel benefit at any one of 6,000+ Marriott hotels worldwide. Want to learn more about joining our team? Join today!
Oversee the efficient operation of the Reservations Department in selling and inputting of guest room blocks to accommodate guest needs and maximize revenue.
- Monitor and analyze Rooms Inventory utilizing Yield Management to maximize occupancy and increase average rate. This includes monitoring of group blocks, determining cut off dates, and rate restrictions.
- Process and handle group rooming lists, reservations, and associate reservations requests by inputting data into the reservations system.
- Calculate and prepare rooms reports to determine sources of business using various computer systems.
- Assist in the development and revisions of forecasts for the Rooms Department, both monthly and annually.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, and college degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system to include software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using 10-key.
- Must have analytical ability to assess reservation trends and make related decisions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106849876
Keywords: THE WESTIN LA PALOMA RESORT &, Tucson , Reservations - Group Coordinator, Hospitality & Tourism , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!