FT Cargo Agent - $13/Hr. *Flight Privileges Offered*
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the routing, loading, and unloading of inbound
and outbound air freight shipments to and from the proper
- Interact with customers to receive and provide cargo shipments,
collect fees and process payments and other transactions related to
those shipments in a courteous, accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares and examines bill of lading and weigh items to
determine shipping charges and prepare freight bills.
- Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment department to resolve
problems with shipments.
- Notifies customers of any delays in departure or arrival of
- Maintains safety and security of the cargo facility at all
times and complies with safety procedures and station
- May also perform Ramp Agent duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the
appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this
position. Basic Qualifications Pre-requisites:
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Valid In-State Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10 year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined
by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete SIDA training to obtain airport authority
identification security. Experience:
- No prior experience necessary.Must be open minded and ready to
work as part of a detail-oriented team. Knowledge, Skills &
- Outstanding customer service.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Computer systems knowledge.
- Basic Calibri understanding of cargo operations. Preferred
- High School diploma or GED. Experience:
- 1+ years of relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous airline cargo experience.
- Able to communicate information and instructions verbally
and/or via radio equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
Working Conditions Work Schedule:
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts,
including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime. We operate in
a shift bid environment. Work Environment:
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun, rain, sleet or snow!)
May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and
machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70
pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights
of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a
frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jet way stairs.
Legal Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Unifi, Tucson , FT Cargo Agent - $13/Hr. *Flight Privileges Offered*, Human Resources , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!