Human Resources Specialist
Company: Poly Print, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Position Information: Human Resource Specialist This position is
under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager and is
responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day Human
Resources operations and may carry out responsibilities in some /or
all the following functional areas: employee relations, training,
employment, labor relations and recruitment. The position requires
the ability to act independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and
anticipate the needs of the organization. In addition, the ability
to exercise discretion and handle sensitive and confidential
information is critical. Position Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview and recommend hiring of all job
- Draft job postings and reviews them for compliance, consistency
- Screens applicants using established prescreening forms and
processes, while looking for ways to improve processes to meet
- Answers a diverse array of phone calls, emails, and in -person
requests from applicants, employees and department
- Assist in negotiations and administer benefits programs such as
medical, dental, life etc.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information
related to Poly Print policies and procedures, job duties, working
conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee
- Provide and advise managers regarding firing of employees and
administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive
attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling
questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping
resolve work-related issues.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development,
training, health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning
personnel-related data such as hires, terminations, transfers,
performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine
causes of personnel problems including terminations and develop
recommendations for improvement of Poly Print personnel policies
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee
termination. Develop a profile regarding employee termination
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents as related to
OSHA reporting. Complete applicable reports to Industrial
Commission and worker's compensation carrier.
- FLMA and labor laws
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests
- Develop programs to retain employees and foster a positive
company morale and culture
- Develop and implement training programs for all levels of
supervision, from lead person to Manager
- Advise Managers of new and changed laws pertaining to
employment and recommend policy/procedure accordingly.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings and activities.
- Assist departmental managers with developing and implementing
job specific training programs Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
and have the ability to build rapport with employees and
- Must be a team player, dedicated to serving team members while
balancing the needs of the Company.
- Works efficiently and effectively under pressure and with
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Practices independent thinking, is a self-starter,
well-organized, extremely reliable, detail-oriented and assertive
as a team player.
- Familiar with HR compliance/regulations and resourceful enough
to find answers in areas that aren't within expertise
- Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, at least a 2-year degree in Human
Resource, plus three or more years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Keywords: Poly Print, Inc., Tucson , Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!