Real Time Embedded Sr Software Engineer I
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then
you may be the person were looking for to join our innovative team
as a Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral
part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense further our vision to
be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and
security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon Missiles & Defense is
an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on
developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The
result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and
consistently delivers superior solutions.
Applies technical expertise in the development of C/C++ software
development for embedded multi-processor systems. Provides
practical solutions to difficult technical software problems.
Displays initiative and can work well alone or as a member of a
team. Follows organizational processes and procedures. Reviews
software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
Interacts with senior software personnel through both written and
verbal communication. Produces documentation related to the design
and release of software artifacts. Develops complete software
solutions, and influences the successful completion of supported
programs and projects. Understands and utilizes agile software
development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Applying expertise in software development for embedded
- Providing software solutions to complex technical problems
using ingenuity and creativity.
- Following and/or recommending changes to department processes
- Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment
- Producing documentation related to the design and release of
- Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- B.S. in a STEM degree. (Preferred Degrees: Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer
Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree). ABET is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in an
embedded real-time setting
- Experience using C/C++ language
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on
- Experience with software, test development, and
- Experience using embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOSs)
(e.g. Green Hills Integrity, Wind River VxWorks, etc)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an integration lab environment working on
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing,
tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms is
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on multi-core
- Experience with object oriented development
- Experience using software source control tools and/or automated
- Experience with Agile Software development methods
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Experience adapting Board Support Packages
- Experience with system integrity and mission assurance
Why Work For RMD in the Software Engineering Center?
The complexity of the problems I work on every day excite me.
Tactical missile systems are not trivial, and are multi-threaded
working at different rates. There are lots of interactions in the
system, and lots of use cases that can go wrong if we aren't
diligent to test all the boundaries. KP
What excites you about the work you do at RMD - SEC every day?
What excites about working at RMD/SEC every day is that I can be
working on testing a program in C/C++, while next day I may be
working on C++ GUI, or the day after in some other new programming
language. I may be testing software one day or the other day I
might be writing software. My point being here is that I'm always
learning new things, new tasks and assignments all the time and
that makes my job very interesting and fun. JS
People are here from all over the country and the world, and
through that I've had a great time learning about other places and
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance
factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US,
foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other
factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug
screens. Additional information can be found here: All About
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Real Time Embedded Sr Software Engineer I, IT / Software / Systems , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!