Embedded Software Engineer (Partial Remote)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Embedded Firmware Engineer (Partial Remote) needed for Optical
and Laser Satellite Defense company in the Tucson or Virginia area
- 100% paid medical, OT pay, 6% matching 401(k), Base salary +
BonusThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick MurrayAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $80,000 - $130,000 per yearA bit about us:Our
company specializes in delivering a wide array of remote sensing
and optical systems for our clients and customers. We hold cutting
edge technology to our core and love building active systems,
including high power laser sources and complex imaging systems in
demanding environments. Our laser and payload systems are second to
none and we are currently seeking an Embedded Software Developer to
help us grow.Our Embedded Engineer will be a keep player in the
development process moving forward and will not be just another
cog-in-the-wheel type of position. The Embedded Systems Engineer
should have extensive experience coding in C and C++, and have
excellent knowledge of embedded coding techniques.If interested in
the Embedded Design Engineer position, please apply now or email
your resume to Why join us?Compensation for Firmware Developer:
- $80,000 to $130,000 base salary range (DOE)
- Up to 11% Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits (100% employer paid - no employee
- $2,800 per year into a Health Savings Account (HSA) for
individuals and $5,600 per year for families
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance -
$50,000 per employee
- Short Term Disability Insurance (8 days to 12 weeks)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (> 90 days)
- Provides 20 total days of PTO per year (accrued each pay
period). This covers "vacation" and "sick" time.
- PTO accruals increase to 25 days after 5 years
- 401(k) provides a direct employer contribution of 6% of salary
after one year of employment.Job DetailsDuties and
- Meet with clients and the software design team to determine
- Develop and maintain software for embedded platforms.
- Work with the hardware design team on requirements and parts
- Implement and test the embedded system and interpret error
- Fix bugs and optimize the system to meet performance
- Maintain software programs.
- Document software application values.Required
- 3+ years of experience on professional software development
- Bachelor s degree in computer science/computer engineering with
an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of
- Experience with the complete life-cycle of an embedded software
- Sound knowledge of C, C++ and assembly.
- Working knowledge of Linux and version control systems such as
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as
VxWorks, RTEMS, FreeRTOS and ThreadX.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces, timing diagrams and
communications protocols.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now
by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Tucson , Embedded Software Engineer (Partial Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!