Principal Software Engineer, Engineering
Company: Imagine Learning
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives
everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in
creating those special moments when students experience the joy of
learning at its best. Imagine Learning serves more than 15 million
students and partners with more than half the school districts
Envision Your Experience
As a Principal Software Engineer of the Product and Enterprise
Operations team, you will lead the solution architecture,
engineering direction, and engineering capability of our core
curriculum platform. You will define and integrate the
architectural roadmap with broader, next-generation enterprise
platform services to consistently deliver high-quality software.
You will use your leadership and communication skills to
collaborate with engineering and operations teams.
This is a regular , full-time position , based out of your home
Imagine Learning o ffer s competitive total compensation, including
incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in
this role, include:
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 6+
years with a Master's degree or 5+ years with a PhD
- Must have hands-on coding experience. Percentage of coding done
by this role: 80%
- Ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level; thinks
strategically across one or more technologies
- Capable of high level strategic architectural planning and goal
- Strong technology leader in two or more domains; working
knowledge of all enterprise domains
- Experience designing and creating Restful Services
- Experience in designing and building solutions using
Microservices Architecture & Event Driven Architecture
- Strong understanding and experience with Amazon Web Services or
other cloud providers
- Track record of successful platform and architecture
- Mastery with .NET / C# and proficient in other languages and
frameworks such as React.js.
- Drive continuous improvement across architecture, engineering,
- Effective communicator to non-technologists and Product teams;
makes technical issues readily understandable to general
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Software Development
Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Promote Product and Enterprise Operations culture and
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers,
and other business associates, Imagine Learning encourages
employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Employees entering our
office locations must be fully vaccinated or have received a
negative COVID test result within 24 hours of their visit.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility,
investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace , with most employees
enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in
Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin , TX,
Petaluma , CA, and Rock Rapids , IA .
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees
- M ultiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical
plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- C ompany-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas
Eve through New Year's Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- P aid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and
preserving a culture of D iversity, E quity, and I nclusion .
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs ,
including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees .
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a
diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement
opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status , or any other protected status . Imagine Learning will
reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by
Keywords: Imagine Learning, Tucson , Principal Software Engineer, Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!