Fiber Splicer - OSP - Experience required
Company: TrueNet Communications
Posted on: March 18, 2023
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible
to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
visas for this position (H1B, etc.).Join the TrueNet family as a
Fiber -Splicer in the -Tucson, AZ -area! - As a TrueNet team member
you will receive competitive benefits, excellent pay and flexible
work schedules. TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom
Industry and always looking for the perfect addition.
The primary responsibilities of the -Fiber Splicer -will be to
splice fiber optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings,
read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams,
maintain control of outside plant (OSP) activities surrounding the
assigned work site(s), taking and maintaining accurate splicing and
field notes, support project timelines, and inspecting, designing
and providing accurate staking sheets for projects. Other duties,
responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or
assigned. -Essential Position Functions:
- Able to splice fiber optic cables including both loose tube and
- Able to construct proper splice including but not limited to: -
grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage, and sealing.
- Able to perform work in accordance with TIA and RUS standards,
as well as customer specific standards.
- Must be comfortable entering and maintaining existing splice
- Knowledge of the installation of fiber optic cable in new and
- Able to terminate, test, troubleshoot and maintain fiber optic
- Must have good attention to detail regarding setting up splice
locations, termination points, and general fiber optic
- Knowledge of how to fusion splice both loose tube and ribbon
fiber optic cables. - Know how to place a mid-sheath splice.
- Able to test/troubleshoot fiber using OTDR.
- Ability to safely utilize bucket trucks, access manholes and
hand holes. - Use ladders to access various installation and
construction points as required.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively with little
to no supervision.
- Other duties as required.Education and/or Experience:
- 3 years of fiber splicing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and follow engineering design maps
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to efficiently use a Windows-based computer.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong
attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
check.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. -
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
peers, et al.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold,
wet, and dry).Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those of a standard office
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% (most travel is planned well
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled environment out in
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status.TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and
Protected Veterans.California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), -TrueNet
-Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and
specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and
telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support
communications infrastructure for our clients across North America.
-Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career
in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries,
excellent benefits, -401k, paid time off and paid holidays.Powered
Keywords: TrueNet Communications, Tucson , Fiber Splicer - OSP - Experience required, IT / Software / Systems , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...