• Develops and implements Medical and Scientific Affairs Plans,
including study and publication plans, for key products in the
portfolio, in alignment with the Project Team and Lifecycle Product
and Marketing Plan.
• Develops and executes study protocols for Roche Sponsored
studies, in collaboration with key internal and external
stakeholders, to produce high quality data to support the goals of
the Medical and Scientific Affairs Plan.
• Evaluates Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS), participates
in Clinical Trials Review Process and is accountable for activities
related to approved IISs.
• Authors and assists with scientific publications, including
abstracts, posters, manuscripts and whitepapers. Generates medical
and scientific information materials.
• Plans, develops, and generates content and delivers internal
and external scientific and educational programs.
• Establishes and maintains ongoing long-term collaborative
peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages
Global Key Opinion Leader activities, including Advisory Boards;
aligns with IBT and Regions to ensure transparency regarding KOL
• Contributes to, reviews and approves medical/scientific
communications including marketing materials and participate in
Promotional and Scientific Content Approval Processes.
• Responds to unsolicited requests for information from
healthcare professionals that are received either directly or
indirectly through Regional organizations, in accordance with all
compliance regulations and policies.
• Serves as liaison for Medical and Scientific Affairs
activities across diagnostics BA and Pharma Medical and Scientific
partners for collaborative projects.
• Supports Regional Scientific Affairs and Customer Service
Operations at high level of escalation to assist with customer
interactions and trouble shooting.
• Maintains clinical, scientific and technical expertise in
specific therapeutic areas; reviews scientific journals; attend
scientific and key technical meetings; participate in internal
training programs. Keeps abreast of the current literature,
collects and communicates medical and scientific insights and
intelligence relevant to Lifecycle and product portfolio.
• Advanced Clinical/Science Degree (e.g. MD, PhD
• Minimum of 3 years clinical research experience, including
design, protocol development and conduct of trials.
• Previous medical/scientific affairs experience in
clinical/life science and/or diagnostic oriented markets
• Experience working in a matrix organizational structure.
• Professional experience with clinical research and trial
design, writing protocols and publications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Understands the US Medical Testing environment (e.g. FDA, CAP,
• Excellent product and related disease area scientific
• Ability to operate effectively within a heavily matrixed
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
• Excellent people skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong process orientation.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional
• Functions with excellent judgment, high integrity and in
compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
• HQ based position with international/domestic travel
requirement between 20-30%.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical
Posted 30+ Days Ago
About Us We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions
right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are
passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in
both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to
scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical
innovations for all. We do this today to build a better
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are
many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across
We are Roche.
Suggested Jobs Medical Affairs Manager
Regulatory Affairs Manager
Sr Mgr Organization Development
Posted 30+ Days Ago | Pleasanton, More...