Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN
(Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics) in Whiteriver, AZ.
MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO WHITERIVER, AZ! MUST BE A U.S.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized
in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving
• Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to
moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by
IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to
• Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $60,000 to $75,000
Why Choose IHS?
• Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan
• Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
• 10 paid Government Holidays
• Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical
Insurance plan options
• Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
• 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
• Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
• Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be
authorized in addition to salary
• Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse.
In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
• Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients
whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not
limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature
ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical
care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for
individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member,
reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development
activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback
from government sponsored training opportunities.
• Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
• Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition;
collects and interprets data from the patient's history and
physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken
based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure
needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
• Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
• Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as
medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and
procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate
during procedure and evaluates results.
• Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or
air transport based upon patient’s condition and needs.
• In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or
immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e.
• Must have Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be willing to relocate to Whiteriver, AZ
• 1 or More Years RN experience
• Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
• Associates Degree in Nursing
About Whiteriver, AZ
Of all the areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to
find a region offering more—more natural beauty, more history and
culture, more recreation, more adventure, more memories—than
Arizona’s White Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30
miles from the resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low.
Ranging from mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000
feet in the mountains, this region offers a four-season climate.
Take the family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the
twisting roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon
Rim, a vast geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors
the pines. Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer
months, and in the winter you can’t beat a quick trip to the
Sunrise Ski Resort which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.