Indian Health Service is hiring for an Inpatient RN in Polacca,
AZ. New BSN Grads Welcome!
MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO POLACCA, AZ! MUST BE A U.S.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized
in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving
• Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to
moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by
IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to
• Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $55,000 to $67,000 per year
Why Choose IHS?
• Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan
• Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
• 10 paid Government Holidays
• Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical
Insurance plan options
• Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
• 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
• Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
• Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be
authorized in addition to salary
Inpatient Registered Nurses provide comprehensive nursing care
to patients across the age spectrum and with a wide range of acute
conditions in inpatient settings. Registered Nurses apply
established professional nursing concepts, principles and practices
to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for general
medical and/or surgical patients This is a Direct Hire Open
Continuous Announcement at multiple facilities in the Phoenix Area
Indian Health Service.
• Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient
needs and problems and to develop implement and evaluate plans of
• Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient (adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching.
• Observes and assesses patient's clinical condition:
recognizes, identifies and interprets serious situations and
immediately implements proper action.
• Documents observations, nursing interventions, responses to
therapeutic measures and status of coordinated activities between
nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the approved
• Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
• Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as
medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and
procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate
during procedure and evaluates results.
• Participate in staff development activities including
orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government
sponsored training opportunities.
• Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse.
In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
administrative responsibilities when required.
• Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for
training, conferences, and/or meetings for this position.
• Education: Must have a minimum of a BSN degree and new BSN
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be willing to relocate to Polacca, AZ
• RN experience preferred.
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy
264 in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi
people settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand
side by side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered
throughout the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own
history and a surprising variation in traditions. The village of
Polacca has a convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip
code 86042), as well as a few other small stores, mostly selling
arts and crafts. The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11
miles to the east, has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading
post, a post office, a gas station, and a few small stores. Larger
towns such as Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour
drive), Gallup, NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 min. drive)
offer a wider selection of shopping and entertainment. The
Southwest region has many other attractions such as hiking,
camping, mountain biking, rafting/canoeing, fishing,
skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state and national parks in the
surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado areas. While
many of these activities are a bit of a drive (between 1-5 hours
for most), there are often local groups traveling from the
reservation to the cities or on outdoor adventure trips on the