We are Raytheon Missiles and Defense, a technology and
innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil
markets where youll be part of a diverse global team working
together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the
We are seeking a professional engineer to assume a key role
within the System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you enjoy power converter design?
Do early-career engineers come to you for technical
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are
critical to the defense of our nation?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our
team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a
comprehensive relocation package.
JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry
potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies
(non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted
power end use applications. Analysis skills should include thermal
* Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related
* Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel
through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing
* Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
* Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a
U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or
Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicants
qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and
responsibility requirements of the position.
U.S. citizenship required
* Must have professional design, analysis, simulation, and test
experience with linear converters, and any two of the following
non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
* Must also have robust conceptual familiarity with any two of
the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge,
full-bridge, push-pull. Design scope must include stability.
* Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience
with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and
* Must have professional experience with performing circuit card
assembly-level power architecture trades, including power converter
specification development experience.
* Must have professional experience guiding Electronic
Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power
circuitry and technical drawing creation (direct experience with
such tools is adequate to fulfill this requirement).
REQUIRED EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from
an accredited University, with a minimum of 6 years of professional
experience. Accredited Mathematics and Physics BS degrees may also
qualify with relevant experience.
* Familiarity with circuit simulator SIMPLIS and/or analysis
* Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or
* Experience with acting as a liaison between program and
* Experience with digital power control.
* Experience with military specifications.
* Experience with transformer and inductor design
* Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
* Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power >
* Leadership experience.
* Experience with program management tools such as Earned
* Experience with proposal development.
* Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function
in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
* Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication
* Must be customer-focused.
* Must be able to design to meet concerns of adjacent
disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability,
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or
maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the
position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance
factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US,
foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding
security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO
website at: https://www.state.gov/security-clearances
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.