The Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the
responsibility to design, develop, and maintain complex engineering
test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and
closed-loop with the weapons hardware and software.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate,
and team with our engineers to generate and use cutting-edge
technology from design to implementation.
This position is for a Sr Principal Software Engineer, G11, who
has the educational and professional experience in the leadership,
development, and implementation of software teams and applications.
Contributing to the development of new principles and concepts,
resolving unusually complex technical software problems, providing
solutions that are innovative and provide rapid and efficient test
environments. Assignments are often self-initiated and the
candidate determines and pursues courses of action necessary to
obtain desired results. Follows or recommends changes to department
processes and procedures. Reviews software products for soundness
of technical judgment and adequacy. Provides guidance and mentoring
to up-and-coming engineers. Develops advanced technological ideas
and guides their development into a final product. Serves as a team
lead and spokesperson on advanced projects and programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Requires a Bachelors Degree (BS) in Science, Technology,
Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 10 years of prior
* Ten (10) or more years of experience in software design,
development and testing using C++ or closely related software
* Six (6) or more years of experience leading software
* Masters Degree (MS) or PH.D. in Computer Engineering or
Computer Science preferred
* Experience developing software for real-time operating
* Experience working with the Linux operating system, or closely
related operating systems
* Experience working with software configuration management
principles and tools
* Strong ability to work in a team environment
* Previous experience developing in an object-oriented software
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.