Principal Systems Engineer - Radar Cross Section / LO Engineer
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Do you have a passion for LO technology?
Would you enjoy working on a nationally certified ground plane
range to support our nation's security?
Are you motivated to work with little supervision?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, our mechanical design
team at our Tucson, AZ, facility wants to hear from you!
We are seeking a Principal Radar Cross Section / Low Observable
Engineer to join the Mechanical Products Team. This design team is
committed to excellence supporting our customers and allies
The Principal Radar Cross Section / Low Observable Engineer will
lead Radar Cross Section (RCS) predictions and measurements tests
of developmental and production systems. The LO Engineer is
expected to perform RCS predictions and should be familiar with
limitations of Computational Electromagnetic Codes (CEM).
Deliverables will include test documentation, data analysis,
anomaly resolution, results documentation, and presentation of
results to both internal and external customers. Candidate will
work in integrated product teams to incorporate advanced signature
control techniques into deliverable products and aid in the
assessment of system performance. Note that occasional non-standard
work shifts may be expected during testing.
Key Responsibilities (essential functions):
- The selected individual will document all activities pertaining
to test preparation, data analysis, design trades, prediction
results, and others
- The LO Engineer, will work within integrated product teams and
support all aspects of that team's design efforts with some
direction from Senior Low Observables Engineer
- The LO Engineer will present results of testing, analysis, and
design efforts to internal and external customers
- Occasional travel for business, training, and conferencesU.S.
Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active
U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Eight (8) years of engineering experience, which must include
Low Observable (LO) technology (MS with 6 years or Ph.D. with 4
- Prior work experience performing RCS measurement/testing,
prediction, and/or design
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: Systems
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or other
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience Skills & Education:
- Multiple tests of LO targets on ground plane ranges and compact
- Absorber material treatments / design and testing experience
(coatings, paint, MAGRAM)
- Academic or applied experience utilizing RF testing techniques,
terminology, and test equipment
- Understanding of electromagnetic fundamentals
- Experience with Infrared signature analysis and control
- Experience in the field of infrared signature technology is
- Programming expertise in C++, MATLAB, or other technical
language is desirable
- Advanced radar system development or test experience
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate with peers,
executives and customers
- Working knowledge of computational electromagnetic codes to
include full wave codes, as well as asymptotic techniques using
industry standard tools such as XPATCH, , , CARLOS, SENTRi
- Advanced Degree: Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Physics, Math or other Engineering discipline
166096Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Tucson , Principal Systems Engineer - Radar Cross Section / LO Engineer, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!