Patient Account Rep/ CSR
Company: Shared Services Center - Tucson
Posted on: May 5, 2021
POSITION PURPOSE: Handles patients' inquiries in a professional
manner. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills for internal
and external customers with dignity and respect. Able to diffuse
problems and alert supervisor/manager of potential issues. Accepts
responsibility and maintains confidentiality.Job Requirements:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handles patient's calls professionally with dignity and
respect. Responds to telephone inquiries within (24) hours of the
following scheduled work day in a manner that addresses the needs
of the caller.
- Obtains all required billing information and completes all
system modification required to ensure accurate billing on
- Active in collections of accounts, coordinating time payments
and evaluating financial means.
- Clearly documents conversation with internal /external customer
and action taken on accounts.
- Researches all incoming bankruptcy notices for appropriate
handling and notifies agencies as applicable.
- Handles all address corrections immediately and modifies all
required systems and accounts.
- Completes incoming correspondence, including calling the
patient, documenting and resolution.
- Performs routine assignments independently and diffuses
difficult situations without supervisor/manager intervention.
- Displays competency in health care billing requirement/follow
up. Maintains current knowledge regarding assigned/related area by
keeping up to date on communication, newsletters and
- Displays competency in the use of department equipment, all
computer software, fax, telephones and copy machine. EDUCATION,
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two (2) years Hospital/Physician Business office experience to
include knowledge of collections, EOB processing, and billing.
Keywords: Shared Services Center - Tucson, Tucson , Patient Account Rep/ CSR, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!