Company: Tanque Verde Unified School District
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Tanque Verde School District is seeking to hire a school bus
driver to safely drive a school bus, van or district vehicle to
transport students, district personnel and other persons as
assigned on school business. This is a 30 hour per week,
Example of Duties:
- Pre- and Post-trip inspection
- Maintains a daily log of bus inspection.
- Inspects bus fluids and mechanical functions and reports
maintenance request to mechanic.
- Fuels bus/vehicle as needed.
- Maintains a clean vehicle inside and out.
- Drives a bus or van to transport passengers on special needs
and/or regular route.
- May be required to drive special field trips or athletic
- Transport students in a safe manner.
- Instructs students on bus safety, providing guidance and
discipline to students as appropriate.
- Refers parent complaints or discipline problems to
- Individuals must be able to work split shifts.
- May perform other transportation or district related duties as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating,
maintenance and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to sit for a long period of time, climb up and down
stairs, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to attain or currently hold a CDL license with
School Bus Driver Endorsement. (Training is available)
- Successfully pass mandatory DOT Physical and drug screens
- Obtain appropriate Fingerprint Clearance.
- Complete mandatory CPR and First Aid training.
- Safe driving record.
Keywords: Tanque Verde Unified School District, Tucson , Bus Driver, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!