A$2500 sign on bonus will be attached to this postion for MSW
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional
insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and
encouragement. Enhance each patient's future-as well as your
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families,
and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare,
we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and
professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization
continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to
learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These
are the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius
Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and
extensive global network provide our employees with the best of
both worlds-the friendliness of a local organization and the
stability of a worldwide organization-for diverse experiences and
challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius
Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built
on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset.
Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at
1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies" in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.
Make the most of this exceptional opportunity to help others
with a leader in the healthcare industry. Following the Social Work
Theory of Human Behavior and accepted methods of practice, the
professional we select will provide psychosocial services and
counseling to in-center and home dialysis patients. Working with
patients, families, and our multidisciplinary team, this individual
will assess psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need, and
promote positive adjustment and rehabilitation to improve the
quality of life.
FRESENIUS CORE VALUES:
Fresenius Medical Care is a people business. Our success depends
on having the best and brightest employees, and helping them attain
their personal and professional goals while delivering excellence
in patient care and business results. Our employees embody our
culture which is based on six core values: patients and partners
first, honesty and integrity, quality and compliance,
collaboration, no-limits mindset and results oriented. These values
support our promise to improve the quality of life of every patient
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, core values, expected behaviors, and
customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance
Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy and
Provides psychosocial services to patients treated by the
facility including in-center and home dialysis patients (if
applicable) utilizing Social Work Theory of Human Behavior and
accepted methods of social work practice. Works with the health
care team to promote positive adjustment, rehabilitation and
improved quality of life for our patients. In collaboration with
the interdisciplinary team, informs, educates and supports staff in
understanding the emotional, psychological and behavioral impact of
Chronic Kidney Disease on the patient and family to ensure
comprehensive quality care of our patients. Supports the FMCNA
commitment to the Quality Indicators and Outcomes and Quality
Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Activities, including those
related to patient satisfaction and quality of life and actively
participates in process improvement activities that enhance the
likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Goals.
Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and
all FMS policy requirements
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer services standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow up
regarding customer services issues with all customers in a timely
PRINICIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES RELATED TO PATIENT
Patient Assessment/Care Planning Counseling:
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, assesses patients'
psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need that may affect
rehabilitation and optimal treatment outcomes as part of the
comprehensive patient assessment.
- Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient
and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will
help the patient meet rehabilitation, treatment goals, and improve
quality of life.
- Utilizes FMS Ultra Care patient education programs, established
social work theory and methods and quality of life measurement
instruments as part of assessment and care planning to resolve
barriers and meet patient treatment goals.
- Provides established outcomes driven psycho-educational
counseling methods aimed at improving areas of need, treatment
adherence, vocational/educational rehabilitation and/or quality of
- Provides supportive and goal directed counseling to patients
who are seeking transplant.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with
accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates
discussion of advance directive wishes, if necessary, with the
healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- Will provide general information about Do Not Resuscitate
Orders and Advanced Directives
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with
referral to community resources (home health services, vocational
rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment
- In collaboration with the physician and nurse, participates in
the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure
patient understanding and informed decision making.
- Provides usual care and/or Social Work Intensive to address
non-adherence and quality of life concerns for all patients
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to FMCNA Social Work Policy,
- Assess patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that
may affect adherence to treatment. Works with patient, family and
health care team to provide education tailored to the patient's
learning style and needs.
- With other members of the interdisciplinary team, provides
appropriate information about all treatment modalities. Facilitates
the transplant referral process and collaborates with
interdisciplinary team, if delegated by Clinical Manager.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding
psychosocial issues related to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and
all support services that are available.
- Reviewed patient rights and responsibilities, grievance
information (company and network) and other facilities policies
with patient and/or the patients' representative to ensure
patients' understanding of the rights and expectations of
- Collaborates with the team on appropriate QAI activities.
- Understands the referral and admission process and supports the
clinic in regard to the patient needs for scheduling to maximize
adherence and adjustment
Insurance and Financial Assistance:
- Collaborates with facility management, Financial Coordinators
and Billing Group staff to address patient issues related to
- In collaboration with Financial Coordinators, provides
information and education to patients about payment to dialysis
(federal, state, commercial insurance, state renal programs, AKF
HIPP, and entitlement programs)
- Maintains current knowledge regarding local
vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assist patients
with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable
them to remain employed, become employed or receive education.
- (Reassess patient demographic and insurance information changes
every quarter. Notifies all appropriate departments of
- Understands FMCNA financial policies and procedures as they
related to patient services. Collaborate with Financial
Coordinators to educate patients about programs that may be
available to assist with uncovered services, how to resolve billing
concerns, and understand financial responsibilities.
- Assist with interview process and decision to hire new
personnel if requested by CM or AM/DO.
- Works with the administrative support staff to maintain updated
patient resource lists (e.g. maintain updated list of
- Develops and provides training to staff pertaining to
psychosocial topics as needed. Trains staff in Ultra Care Programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Travel required (if multiple facilities)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 - 5 years' related experience
- State Specific Licensure Required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.